PDA

View Full Version : Christmas presents for minded ones

Snowwhite
15-12-2014, 02:14 PM
As the title says, do you tend to buy for your minded ones,whether it be something big and pricey or small and cheap, or do you not bother as you know you won't get anything in return,or suspect you won't? Also you may not bother due to your own family to buy for? Just curious to know how many do and don't!!?

tess1981
15-12-2014, 02:22 PM
I buy for the Los even if I get nothing in return. I live seeing their faces when I produce it just as they are leaving on their last day. It's always under £10

JCrakers
15-12-2014, 02:41 PM
I have bought presents although had to keep price down due to having 16 of the little blighters :D

I have 5 under 5's which I've bought a book and a small chocolate and the other 11 aged between 5 and 11 have a selection box..

Feel a bit stingy but its better than nothing. Even a fiver each would have been £80 so tried to keep it to under £3

KateA
15-12-2014, 03:10 PM
hi yep I have brought my mindee a little book x

Mouse
15-12-2014, 03:12 PM
I've always bought resents for the children and never expect anything in return (although I do always get something from all of them).

I generally spend about £5-£8 on each child, but less if it's one that I don't have very often. I usually get them books or craft stuff.

mrsb79
15-12-2014, 03:17 PM
I always buy something for them this year I've brought personalised tree decs here's some I brought for friends babies as I liked them so much and they didn't cost much at all 99p yet can be kept for life xx

loocyloo
15-12-2014, 03:19 PM
I've always bought a little something for all my minded children: a book or craft set or a selection box. Usually only £2/3 per child.
I don't expect anything from mindees and then it's a nice surprise when I get anything.

mama2three
15-12-2014, 04:40 PM
Ive spent about £5 each plus a selection box - and £5 for each set of parents , don't usually do this but found perfect frames for the Christmas photographs. its probably around £100 altogether , but I treat it like any other business expense.

kellib
15-12-2014, 05:22 PM
I've spent around £5-£7 on my mindees, they've each got a Mr men christmas book and a memory card game plus a selection box.

I've also bought a small present for an ex mindee, she only left in the summer for school and her wee sister still comes here so I felt horrible not getting her anything, it's only a monster high annual (sainsburys were selling them for a £1!) plus a selection box.

It's also another mindees birthday 3 days before Christmas!!

Though to be honest I think I've spent more on all the craft things for them to make stuff for their parents!

bunyip
15-12-2014, 06:02 PM
I give a small gift to each.

But if anyone ever reciprocates with any of that tacky cr4p printed with "for my childminder" they'll go straight on Santa Bunyip's naughty list. :p

AgentTink
15-12-2014, 06:56 PM
I only ever have 3 children and of the current ones they have all been with me over a year and come 3 days each. I spent £9 each on a interactive doctors kit from Costco which should have been £15. I always look for a good deal. I never give to receive but am lucky enough to always receive nice gifts x

Mouse
15-12-2014, 06:57 PM
I give a small gift to each.

But if anyone ever reciprocates with any of that tacky cr4p printed with "for my childminder" they'll go straight on Santa Bunyip's naughty list. :p

My parents all used to buy me alcohol, but I don't drink. Now I drop into conversation very early in our relationship that I am teetotal. I'm even thinking of putting in my parent pack ;):laughing:

Snowwhite
15-12-2014, 07:12 PM
Seems you all choose to buy presents.You nice people! No Bah humbugs amongst you lot!

CSR2014
15-12-2014, 08:29 PM
Mrsb79 - love the tree decs, you're very talented!

lisbet
15-12-2014, 08:34 PM
I always buy something for them this year I've brought personalised tree decs here's some I brought for friends babies as I liked them so much and they didn't cost much at all 99p yet can be kept for life xx

I love those! :thumbsup: Did you get them somewhere local or order them online? *thinking ahead to next year* ;)

shortstuff
15-12-2014, 09:55 PM
Seems you all choose to buy presents.You nice people! No Bah humbugs amongst you lot!

Im a big bah humbug but ive bought all of my los a small gift x

hectors house
15-12-2014, 10:09 PM
My daughter has started making personalised cushions so I got her to make one each for my mindees, just picked
1 x cushion with a pink rabbit on,
1 x john deere tractor,
2 x pirate ships,
1 x Dinosaur
1 x frozen picture

have also bought some sets of books from Book people to add to them, probably cost about £8 each

Have also spent a couple of pounds on 2 siblings who I used to look after as it doesn't seem fair to not buy for them anymore. Still buy for an ex mindee who is now 27 - don't think I will get away with putting that one through expenses though!

mrsb79
16-12-2014, 06:53 AM
I love those! :thumbsup: Did you get them somewhere local or order them online? *thinking ahead to next year* ;) eBay my lovely so far I think I've brought 20 as they are so pretty and they come in different colours too I will try and find out the ladies name and post it later as I've got a rare day off as my little ladies got her jabs so I can see today being harder than a full day of work 😂

mrsb79
16-12-2014, 06:55 AM
Mrsb79 - love the tree decs, you're very talented!
Why thankyou but my talent only stretched to trawling eBay 😊 I wish I had the time and energy to make things myself x

Jiorjiina
16-12-2014, 10:02 PM
I only have three, so I bought them a present each (book and a related t shirt I made for the boys, a tea set and a little handbag for the little girl - she's not interested in the book subject but made about making tea for everyone!), plus they got a Christmas tree picture decoration thing (which I put up on our tree here until their last day before Christmas), and we had a little Christmas party with crackers and some Christmassy food, where they also got a little stocking with pocket money priced bits in it. All of it together was under £10 each, and they were so thrilled at the Christmas party!

lisbet
16-12-2014, 10:52 PM
eBay my lovely so far I think I've brought 20 as they are so pretty and they come in different colours too I will try and find out the ladies name and post it later as I've got a rare day off as my little ladies got her jabs so I can see today being harder than a full day of work 😂

mrsb79
17-12-2014, 07:11 AM
For a 1 year old she shocked me she was hard as nails and didn't cry just gave the nurse a filthy look !! The seller on eBay goes under the name of nittynattynora x

SYLVIA
17-12-2014, 09:24 PM
I give all my mindees a present and also bday presents. I am also very lucky that their parents are all very generous and give back too. I wouldn't be hurt if they didnt though, like already said, I love seeing their faces when the get their presents. I usually spent anything up to £10 but I look for bargains through the year. One year, my daughter who is really good at drawing, drew portraits of the children which I gave to them as gifts which they all loved as did the parents.