PDA

View Full Version : Topping up EYE funding

Vpv
13-12-2014, 08:49 PM
Hi. I have just been registered for the EYE funding but the hourly rate for 3/4 year olds is about £1 per hour lower than I normally charge. The lo comes to me for just 16 hours per week, so there isn't much scope for adding in charges to make up the £15 deficit. Any ideas? Tia.

FussyElmo
13-12-2014, 08:54 PM
Hi. I have just been registered for the EYE funding but the hourly rate for 3/4 year olds is about £1 per hour lower than I normally charge. The lo comes to me for just 16 hours per week, so there isn't much scope for adding in charges to make up the £15 deficit. Any ideas? Tia.

Unfortunately there isn't any. We cant ask for tops ups. You can charge for meals but you also have to offer them the option of a packed lunch

Rick
13-12-2014, 09:06 PM
Unfortunately there isn't any. We can ask for tops ups. You can charge for meals but you also have to offer them the option of a packed lunch

Fussy means you can't ask for top ups.

The other option is not to take on the child if it's going to be an issue. The 15 hours must be free to the parent

moggy
13-12-2014, 09:30 PM
This is why I do not offer FE.

FussyElmo
13-12-2014, 09:37 PM
Fussy means you can't ask for top ups.

The other option is not to take on the child if it's going to be an issue. The 15 hours must be free to the parent

I must certainly do. I would blame my phone but it's definitely a typo

Mouse
13-12-2014, 09:44 PM
I only offer funded hours between 9am-12noon. If a child comes 5 days a week they can have 15 hours a week. If they come 2 days a week they get 6 hours funded. Anything over that has to be paid for. I also charge for lunch if the children are funded, although parents can send a packed lunch if they want to. It limits the amount I lose out on.

Parents are then free to send the child to playgroup or nursery if they want to use their full allowance. I haven't lost any children through not offering more than 3 hours a day. Parents tend to use me for the days they work, then send the children to pre-school on the days they don't work.

AliceK
13-12-2014, 11:02 PM
This is why I do not offer FE.

Me too. I just can't afford to take the cut in hourly rate :(

xxx

FloraDora
14-12-2014, 09:00 AM
The 2 year old funding is more than hourly rate in my area but the 3/4 is under.

I had 'mates rates' for my first LO as that is how I got started in this venture - ( a favour for a friend) so the funding comes in at more if I break down my ( cheap) daily rate. By registering for funding I am able to keep the LO and my parents have chosen me as their nursery, which is where my expertise lies so I like this.

By offering funding I also have LO for more days - so my income has increased here, yes I could get fractionally more with another child on a higher daily rate but it's nice to keep to the families and children I know.

The funding is paid in a termly lump so in my new regime of only being allowed to resource from this business income ( it was really a hobby before - so if I fancied it I bought it = no profits from childminding- start up being funded by my consultation business!!!!! )
I think I will like the lump sum - my new financial business plan is to purchase a bigger, wish list item from this funding( planned purchasing - great novelty) - but it will make me wait and therefore think more about the suitability of the purchase - well, that's the plan!!
So, I have found that the funding works for me, but I am term time only, in an area of low hourly rates and only childminding for children whose parents are linked to education , except for friends grandchildren, so know my rates suit the income of partime teachers.

Vpv
14-12-2014, 09:23 AM
I understood that we cannot charge for anything, including meals during the EYE time?

k1rstie
14-12-2014, 10:02 AM
I have had a funded boy since his second birthday. His 2 year old funding is £10 more per week than my current rate. When he gets to 3, the rate goes down, and it works out as £7 per week less. So for me, over the two years I am still in credit. It's a case of swings and roundabouts!

Rick
14-12-2014, 08:13 PM
I understood that we cannot charge for anything, including meals during the EYE time?

You can charge for food but the parent must have the option of providing their child's food instead