PDA

View Full Version : Car seats in Renault Scenic

hectors house
11-12-2014, 08:56 AM
Has anyone got a Maxi Cosi Milofix isofix 0-4 years car seat with a top tether strap fitted in a Renault Scenic? This is the only car seat I can find that's rear/forward facing 0-4 that I can use with Isofix as my car has underfloor storage compartments so I can't use a seat with support leg. No car seat supplier seems to stock this seat and Maxi Cosi won't do refunds on seats unless they are faulty - I can't afford to spend £225 on something that may or may not fit. My Scenic is an 08 reg - which means it's a Scenic 2 style. Maxi Cosi have said they don't have any crash test data on this seat in a Scenic. Am now considering blocking up the storage compartments with blocks of wood and riveting metal sheets over the floor to strengthen it so I can use one with support legs. Am going round in circles and Britax, Maxi Cosi, Halfords and Renault have all been useless!

Or if you have got a Scenic of similar age - what car seats do you find fit really well?

smurfette
11-12-2014, 09:52 AM
I have a maxi cosi for that age but it's not isofix, I would be hesitant to do what you are wanting to do with strengthening the floor, would it hold in an accident? I have the one maxi cosy and I have two Britax An asis and a first class think they both look same to me! Our renault is a grand scenic 07 and I can fit all three across the middle in any order .. Hth!

hectors house
11-12-2014, 10:51 AM
I have a maxi cosi for that age but it's not isofix, I would be hesitant to do what you are wanting to do with strengthening the floor, would it hold in an accident? I have the one maxi cosy and I have two Britax An asis and a first class think they both look same to me! Our renault is a grand scenic 07 and I can fit all three across the middle in any order .. Hth!

Thanks for the reply smurfette - Do you use your Maxi cosi rear facing using seat belts - how difficult is it to keep lifting a baby (up to 15 months) over the fixed seatbelt all the time?

smurfette
11-12-2014, 01:13 PM
Thanks for the reply smurfette - Do you use your Maxi cosi rear facing using seat belts - how difficult is it to keep lifting a baby (up to 15 months) over the fixed seatbelt all the time?

Hi never used it rear facing .. Or maybe that model doesn't do that? It might be stage 1

shortstuff
11-12-2014, 01:18 PM
sorry HH i have a grand voyager and different seats too :panic:

mama2three
11-12-2014, 01:29 PM
I used to struggle to get my little ones over the seatbelt with my maxicosi tbh. they went forward facing as soon as possible !

hectors house
11-12-2014, 04:25 PM
After nearly 40 minutes of speaking direct with Renault today they have said that I was told that I couldn't use Isofix seats with support legs because my car has underfloor storage - I thought it was because the false floor isn't reinforced enough but Renault are saying that the support leg would be too long and all I have to do is open compartment lid and put Isofix support leg in the bottom of the hole - however Britax told me last week that this is possible with some cars but not my Scenic - so who do I believe? Think I am going to get Renault to put this in writing and then make a decision.:doh: