PDA

View Full Version : Help with reply to notice

tori4
09-12-2014, 06:04 PM
I I have given notice to a family that continue to send child whilst unwell, usually resulting in me getting it and having to close a week later.

On Monday - they continue to send with an unconfirmed pelvic fracture and the start of yet more antibiotics!! ( whilst both parents also on anuual holiday this week )

Anyway after ignoring the letters I handed to Dad yesterday - he left them unopened in the bag - I sent a copy of letters via email for their records.

Mum has replied - polite enough - shocked, sad, doesn't really understand why! Trying to tell me the antibiotic where only prescribed for her asthma !!! And they don't send her wen she is not well ( they have given her calpol b4 coming everyday for the last 2weeks)

I obv dnot what to get into an email discussion abt it ( I really do but shouldn't)

Can u cleaver people help with a reply - to acknowledge they have revived my notice - I have read their comments but however my decision stands and I would like to complete notice period on a professional and civil
Manner for everyone's benefit esp child.

Or something similar

TIA xT

saddend

natlou82
09-12-2014, 07:25 PM
Mmm, tricky! I would sit and write a few draft letters until you're happy. Interesting that mum says "I never send her ill" so the question to mum is why are you giving your perfectly healthy daughter infant paracetamol each morning??? At the end of the day they have broken the contract by bringing a child to the setting knowing they are ill.

Kiddleywinks
09-12-2014, 07:34 PM
Honestly? I would keep it short and sweet as you have said - I have read your comments however my decision still stands
Presumably the reason you know the child has been given calpol everyday is because you have completed the medicine administrated form? If so, this is your evidence should things go legal.
I wouldn't necessarily mention behaving civilly/professionally till the notice period ends lol

Sometimes, less said is best mended.

bunyip
09-12-2014, 08:20 PM
I agree.

Kiddleywinks is right. The less said in a notice letter the better. Far more so in a response to a client querying notice. CMs are always going to have this with clients. If you give notice with no reason they'll say, "if only my CM had said why, then it wouldn't have been so bad." But then if you do give a reason it's "my CM said this and that, and I'm soooooo offended s/he thought that."

What Natlou suggests is right also. Make sure you know your reasons in depth. But you don't have to say everything at this stage: only if it gets all legal on you, which is rarely the case.

Hard to answer your original question without seeing your notice letter. You don't have to give any reason at all if you're giving the full notice period, only if you're giving immediate notice, and I'd not do that without first checking with my insurer.

Certainly make sure all your medications and safeguarding paperwork is up to date and in order. Again hard to say without knowing all the ins and outs. I'd consider putting the whole subject of constantly medicating down as a generic 'concern' and the same with the 'fracture' - but I can't advise definitively without knowing the circumstances at first hand.

tori4
09-12-2014, 10:34 PM
I wanted to reply quickly so have kept it short n sweet

I wrote Something along the lines

"Thank for ur reply - these situation can be be diff 4 everyone. It was not a decision I came to lightly.

My P&P are clear as possible and all changes and specific rules are highlight ( everyone got understood it)

I will of course support child Bs transition into her new setting to ensure her best interest "

I didn't want to go into all her points, questions and interpretation of wellness ( it's is obv they are not the same)

If she wants to discuss it further I will then explain my concerns and the venerable situations they have put me in professional.

Hubby says only thing I didn't really do was give em a 'warning' but when this happen again in September I said I was going to have to update my policies and I did - to make it clear my expectations of wellness etc - plus I have made enough 'comments' as politely as I can. All my other parents get it so why can't them...

Just have to wait and see if they turn up
Thursday ??

Kiddleywinks
10-12-2014, 08:10 AM
Good luck lol

You could, if you felt that giving notice was the kick up the proverbial parents needed, retract the notice should they wish to talk about it and you felt it appropriate to do so.

Sometimes, regardless of how many times we say the same thing to parents, they don't 'get' the seriousness of their actions until we take 'action' such as refusal to take children because fees haven't been paid, or in your case, issuing notice for failure to follow the settings rules.

tori4
10-12-2014, 04:42 PM
Mum has been very apologetic today - via messages as LO not with me today -

I'm sticking to my guns - I'm v stubborn, have dropped enough hints and comments b4 now - and in a selfish way have enough work and don't need the hassle really -

Hopefully mum is finding my replies polite n professional and we can work together during the notice period in the best interest of the LO