PDA

View Full Version : Incident invilving my child

Georgiepoo
08-12-2014, 03:57 PM
My 4 year old mindee today grabbed and pinned my 2 year old to the sofa, it was only for a few seconds as I then saw (was in lurching doin lunch) but it left big red finger print marks on my little ones neck! This is not except able behaviour for any child but obviously it's touch a more sensitive nerve as it was my son!

The child had no reason for doin it when I asked and when I told him off he just turned away and shouted a un-meaningful sorry!

Just wondering what and how people would go about handling this with parent?

AliceK
08-12-2014, 05:07 PM
It doesn't matter if it was your child or not I would write up an incident report in which you wouldn't name the other child anyway so no need to say it was your DS if you don't want to just as you wouldn't mention another mindees name if it wasn't your own DS. Explain to the parent what happened and make them sign the incident report. Make sure they are aware of the seriousness of this type of behaviour :panic:

xxx

Maza
08-12-2014, 09:23 PM
It doesn't matter if it was your child or not I would write up an incident report in which you wouldn't name the other child anyway so no need to say it was your DS if you don't want to just as you wouldn't mention another mindees name if it wasn't your own DS. Explain to the parent what happened and make them sign the incident report. Make sure they are aware of the seriousness of this type of behaviour :panic:

xxx

Big hugs. It's really horrible when your own child is the victim. Many of us have been in that situation. At least you were there to immediately comfort your son - if it had been done in a nursery someone else would have had to comfort him instead of you. Hopefully it was a one off but you do need to record it and share it with parents in case a pattern of inappropriate behaviour happens. When explaining to parents, try to be factual and keep emotion out of it as best as you can. Hope your little one is okay. x

Georgiepoo
08-12-2014, 10:08 PM
I spoke to mum and she was very sympathetic and said she will be talking to him about it at home. I took a picture of my sons neck after it happened and I did show mum that too.

I will write it up and keep on file.