PDA

View Full Version : answered the phone

jackie 7
08-12-2014, 02:32 PM
i was doing lunch sorting out a difference with 1 lo who likes to stand as close as possible to others and the phone rang. It was a man saying have you had an accident. Normally i just put the phone down but I was in a bad mood. Said yes so pleased you rang, i had an accident 5 years ago and i lost both legs, it was realy serious and lost both arms, then added I lost my head as well. Oh dear he put the phone down on me. Don't ring a minder when busy!

Ripeberry
08-12-2014, 02:35 PM
i was doing lunch sorting out a difference with 1 lo who likes to stand as close as possible to others and the phone rang. It was a man saying have you had an accident. Normally i just put the phone down but I was in a bad mood. Said yes so pleased you rang, i had an accident 5 years ago and i lost both legs, it was realy serious and lost both arms, then added I lost my head as well. Oh dear he put the phone down on me. Don't ring a minder when busy!

Lol! That's a good one :D

hectors house
08-12-2014, 03:53 PM
When I get the phone calls telling me that I have a problem with my computer, I tell them that I don't have a computer or a television or even a phone - then hang up - I know it's childish but that's because I can be!

smurfette
08-12-2014, 03:58 PM
Rofl well done Jackie !

Rubybubbles
09-12-2014, 02:25 PM
heehee

I like to put the phone next to the kids music when it's playing harrharr:laughing:

KateA
09-12-2014, 05:29 PM
Brilliant well done you. I got fed up with constant phone calls signed up to one of the services where they are not allowed to contact you x

bunyip
13-12-2014, 10:06 AM
When I get the phone calls telling me that I have a problem with my computer, I tell them that I don't have a computer or a television or even a phone - then hang up - I know it's childish but that's because I can be!

The computer ones are a scam trying to get you to lock your system up, then pay them to fix it. :mad: I tell them they need to call my "company's IT administrator" on a direct number which just happens to be the number of my local police station. :D

If I have time to waste, I'm happy to waste the time of any cold-caller. Failing that, I ask them to hold and leave them listening to my radio.

I have an Aussie friend, built like a brick out-house and even more blunt that I am. I was with him when we got stopped in the street by one of the ones asking "have you had a personal injury?" My friend squared up and said, very loudly, "yes, I once broke my fist on the jaw of some idiot who stopped me in the street to waste my time." :D His personal favourite was inviting cold-callers round to give him a quote for patio doors and conservatories. He lives in a first floor flat. :laughing:

CSR2014
13-12-2014, 07:01 PM
Ha ha. I had a call on Friday from some woman who kept calling me maaaaaaammm and saying that there was something wrong with our computer. Couldn't understand a word she was saying, really frustrating as they always call when you're really busy!!

bunyip
15-12-2014, 10:18 AM
I had a whole new type of cold-caller on the phone late on Friday. Just when I thought every possible avenue of wasting my time had already been explored.

She was from a company that buys existing businesses to sell to keen young entrepreneurs and other people wanting to set up in business and she wanted to know if I was prepared to sell my CMing business.

I had an amusing few minutes asking her what she new about CMing, which could clearly be summed up by the phrase "naff all." She obviously believed her prospective buyer was going to move into my home, take up my registration and start caring for the children of complete strangers. When I expressed a mild reluctance to move house, she said: "well, yer know, they can like move into alternative premises yer know like an industrial unit."

Her extensive use of the words "like", "well, yer know" and "innit" came across soooooooooooooo well. :D