PDA

View Full Version : Bouncy Slide

2kidsunder5
31-07-2008, 10:32 AM
Hi

Does anyone have a policy for the use of a bouncy slide?

Myself and 2 other childminders have hire one for the end of the summer holidays - we are having a party for all the children and I was just wondering if we should have a policy or get the parents to sign something saying that they agree to their children using it?

Thanks
Diane x

venus89
31-07-2008, 10:46 AM
I would have thought if it's a one off you could just get them to sign but I could be wrong.

angeldelight
31-07-2008, 10:49 AM
Yes most def I would

Use the one for the Trampoline Policy and Trampoline Parental Permission that is on the Bromley website

Just adapt it for your own setting and for the bouncy slide

http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/policies/policies_and_procedures.html

Angel xxx

miffy
31-07-2008, 11:04 AM
Hi Diane

Not seen you here for a while - hope you are OK?

I agree with Angel - definitely get parents written permission

Have fun

Miffy xx

2kidsunder5
31-07-2008, 11:04 AM
Thanks.

I did think about using the "large garden equipment" one on Bromley and adapting that, I will have a look at them both and see which is best.

When you hire bouncy castles and slides they give you a list of do's and don'ts I may ask for a copy beforehand and include it?

Thanks again
Diane

miffy
31-07-2008, 11:18 AM
I think it's a good idea to let each parent have a copy of the company's do's and don't's list.

I have parental permission to use large garden equipment but think I would still do this separately as you are hiring it in

Miffy xx

tomthumb
31-07-2008, 11:30 AM
Hi
would do a policy as well. Make sure the slide does not have any bits coming off as my friend had to get her son on one once as he was scared and on the way down, she burned her arm really badly (had to be on antibiotics and still got infected). It was because some of the plastic bit had come off. Just wanted to warn you, not worry you!!

Elodie XX

cloud9
01-08-2008, 02:40 PM
I hired one the other day and didn't even think of getting a signature but i should have really.