PDA

View Full Version : Closure

venus89
31-07-2008, 10:23 AM
I'm just about to post the confirmation of termination of contract off - just double checking.... do i need to keep a copy of the observations or am I fine just to post them off to Mum?

Mags
31-07-2008, 10:27 AM
Sorry i'm not sure about this one....i have also kept observations of a mindee that has since left the setting, like yourself i wondered about sending them on.

Should be someone around soon that would know the answer.

venus89
31-07-2008, 10:30 AM
Lol - thanks. i don't think I have to keep them, I'm pretty sure they have to go with the child but I just want to double check. The last thing I need with this mum is to be contacting her and asking for them back!

sarah707
31-07-2008, 11:23 AM
I do not think Ofsted wil be interested in Observations from chidlren who are no longer with you... but if they come when you've got new children or older ones, at least the old file would be something to show them.

I'd keep a photocopy of just one that you've done as evidence for O and send the rest home. As soon as you have others ongoing, you can chuck it away.

Hope you are feeling happier now the situation is coming to an end :D

miffy
31-07-2008, 11:27 AM
I'd keep a copy, especially if you have an inspection due shortly or until you have "evidence" to show Ofsted about other children you care for - it helps to be able to prove what you have done

Miffy xx

venus89
31-07-2008, 12:29 PM
Thank you both x