PDA

View Full Version : Anyone good at Maths - FEEE Help

JCrakers
03-12-2014, 12:05 PM
Ive got myself in a right old pickle. I am usually ok with working things out but I've confused myself to the point where I just cant get me head around it....:laughing:

I have a parent who will be claiming the FEEE for her 3yr old dd after xmas and she's asked me if I can work her bills out so they are all the same throughout the year.
No problem I said......:panic:

I rang the council first to make sure I can and it's ok. But I can't get my head around how to do it and I can't put the FEEE amount on the bill. Bank holidays are confusing me. :crying:
She has 2 children and so far I have the following . ( I'm open 47 weeks a year)

Mon, Tue - xxxx & xxxx 8am-5pm (CHILD 1 is 12months) 18hrs per week (CHILD 2 is 3yrs) 18hrs per week (12hrs funded)

(CHILD 1) 18hrs at £3.50 = £63 x 47 weeks = £2961
Minus 4 Bank Holidays x9hrs per day (6th April, 4th May, 25th May, 31st August) = -£126

(CHILD 2) 6hrs at £3.50 = £21 x 38 weeks (term time) = £798
(CHILD 2) 18hrs at £3.50 = £63 x 9 weeks (School holidays) = £567

What do I do about CHILD 2's Bank holidays? The council said because I'm closed I can offer her another day in lieu (which I can't as I'm full...so I can use a Monday in the school hols)
I cant work out if I need to take off a whole day's money in full for Bank holidays or just some of it. I 'think' I need to take 3hrs off !?!? Some fall in the school hols and others don't

Im an IDIOT........:laughing::laughing::thumbsup:

loocyloo
03-12-2014, 12:12 PM
No idea!
I would work out fees for each month and then add them up and divide by 12!
Remember you only get nursery funding for term time hours. ( unless you're allowed to do extended hours)
Good luck!

shortstuff
03-12-2014, 12:22 PM
You are not an idiot.

I will look after my bunch go home unless someone has beaten me to it lol x

Mouse
03-12-2014, 12:35 PM
Why is the funded child only having 12 hours? Are they getting another 3 elsewhere?

I would ignore the bank holidays for now and charge an averaged fee without taking them into consideration.

Each week/month (depending how they pay) make a note of how much the fees should have been if you'd charged it exactly, and how much they actually pay. That way you keep a running total of how much in credit or debit they are.

Averaged out fees rarely work out to be exact - you may have an unexpected day off or have to add an extra charge for something - so make sure they know the fees are an estimate of the actual amount. At the end of the year you can add up what they should have paid & compare it to what they actually pay. If they have overpaid you can knock the extra amount off the final bill. If they have underpaid it's sometimes difficult to get the money out of them, so I always err on the side of caution and over estimate the amount. That way they generally pay a bit more than they need to and I find it easier paying them back rather than asking them to pay me more!

JCrakers
03-12-2014, 12:41 PM
I like that idea mouse �� thanks

Only doing 12 because she's doing 3 at a preschool.

blue bear
03-12-2014, 08:18 PM
Bank holidays in term time are paid for as normal by funding team even though we are not open. You can offer an alternative day but don't have to. Hats for my county I'm sure every county is different.

Simona
04-12-2014, 11:10 AM
Ive got myself in a right old pickle. I am usually ok with working things out but I've confused myself to the point where I just cant get me head around it....:laughing:

I have a parent who will be claiming the FEEE for her 3yr old dd after xmas and she's asked me if I can work her bills out so they are all the same throughout the year.
No problem I said......:panic:

I rang the council first to make sure I can and it's ok. But I can't get my head around how to do it and I can't put the FEEE amount on the bill. Bank holidays are confusing me. :crying:
She has 2 children and so far I have the following . ( I'm open 47 weeks a year)

Mon, Tue - xxxx & xxxx 8am-5pm (CHILD 1 is 12months) 18hrs per week (CHILD 2 is 3yrs) 18hrs per week (12hrs funded)

(CHILD 1) 18hrs at £3.50 = £63 x 47 weeks = £2961
Minus 4 Bank Holidays x9hrs per day (6th April, 4th May, 25th May, 31st August) = -£126

(CHILD 2) 6hrs at £3.50 = £21 x 38 weeks (term time) = £798
(CHILD 2) 18hrs at £3.50 = £63 x 9 weeks (School holidays) = £567

What do I do about CHILD 2's Bank holidays? The council said because I'm closed I can offer her another day in lieu (which I can't as I'm full...so I can use a Monday in the school hols)
I cant work out if I need to take off a whole day's money in full for Bank holidays or just some of it. I 'think' I need to take 3hrs off !?!? Some fall in the school hols and others don't

Im an IDIOT........:laughing::laughing::thumbsup:

What an intriguing request from this parent...has she told you why she needs to have regular bills every month?
You say she will be also getting Free hours from a preschool...I am sure they would not allow her to pay over 12 months because preschools charge by the term.

Parents are allowed to spread their free entitlement over 52 weeks if they want to...and we are able to do so...in that case I would certainly invoice her each month.
In your case she does not appear to have requested you spread the hours in such a way...only the money she owes you...is that right?

If she suddenly gives you notice you will have to re calculate and may need to claim fees back from her?

In your place I would decline and keep your accounts on a monthly basis to suit your business...my view of course