PDA

View Full Version : Hands are not for hitting

clareelizabeth1
02-12-2014, 02:25 PM
Have three just turned two year olds so as you can imagine all had going through the pushing phase and it's driving me crazy.

We have read hands are not for hitting but was wondering if anyone else knew of any don't hit each other books.

sarah707
02-12-2014, 07:24 PM
we do a lot of work on emotions - supporting children to learn how to express themselves in other ways :D

loocyloo
02-12-2014, 09:36 PM
I would be saying 'hands are for stroking, hands are for patting, hands are for XYZ'

could you make a simple book with photos of the childrens ( or anyones! ) hands doing nice things with the positive phrase 'hands are for ....' on each page?

always think that the last bit of a sentence is the bit a child will hear ... such as 'hitting' 'running' 'throwing' etc and it may not be the action you are wanting!

hectors house
03-12-2014, 07:51 AM
I would just read general story books that are about friendships and ask the children to look at the pictures to see who is happy / sad etc - we have just read "Pip and Posy - the Snowy Day" where the 2 friends fall out over whether to make a snow mouse or snow rabbit, they end up throwing snow at each other and pushing each over, my mindees really picked up on the fact that they were sad and crying and not friends anymore.