PDA

View Full Version : inspection panic setting in!

HJC31
30-11-2014, 11:14 PM
Hi everyone,
Just wondering if anyone in the North Somerset area knows generally how often inspections are carried out at the moment. It will be 3 years since my first inspection in January 15 and I am starting to dread the phone ringing! I got a good in my first inspection, don't know if that makes any difference? Thanks for your help xx

moggy
01-12-2014, 08:06 AM
Your next inspection could be any time before July 2016 as they are working through all settings by then in this 'inspection cycle'.
They are prioritising settings who had 'requires improvements' or lower grades at last inspection.

It is very normal to have 4 or 5 years between inspections, particuarly if you got Good or better. So no need to panic! If you always work as if Ofsted could come that say then it will be easier for you, rather than trying to change things last minute when you get the call.

JCrakers
01-12-2014, 12:08 PM
It could be any time...that's the worst bit, not knowing if its now or in a years time. :(

I had mine in August 2008 and another in March 2012. So 3yrs 7 months :D

I'm now starting to worry about my next one which is due March 2015 onwards :panic: I'm hoping it will be more like 2016 but you never know.

A childminder down the road from my was graded Satisfactory and that was over 5yrs ago, so they were in no rush to see her again.