PDA

View Full Version : Changes to,service

littleDs31
30-11-2014, 08:38 PM
I have only three wks of early years left then starting the new yr afresh with only after school care and holiday care. Although I'll be sad to see the little ones go I'm actually looking forward to having my house back. No more fireguards and safety gates etc. anyone else making any new year changes? :)

Ripeberry
01-12-2014, 07:22 AM
Congratulations! In a way, there are changes for me, but not of my own choosing. I'm winding down my CM as from January I will only have 1 early years for two days a week! Not really worth carrying on, but I'll stay until the end of July 2015 for that one child and the siblings (at school). Then August 2015 will start my cleaning business in full. In the meantime on my quiet days I might try and get a cleaning job where they take on self employed cleaners for the elderly.

ziggy
01-12-2014, 09:52 AM
my changes start today, only childminding at home 2 days a week now. Also doing 20hrs home caring, which is better pay and my house stays tidy:clapping:

Fees will be going up in new year and I'm no longer letting my job take over my life

JCrakers
01-12-2014, 10:24 AM
One word..... Jealous :D

Sounds great...have fun

shortstuff
01-12-2014, 10:47 AM
Congrats to you all on your upcoming changes.

Starting in January Im going to have friday during school hours completely to myself. For paperwork or anything needed. Might even get my hair cut for the 1st time since june lol.

I asked 2 of my early years mums if they could swap days and I have an extra pair of hands for weds n thurs. Im so looking forward to it.

smurfette
01-12-2014, 11:59 AM
Congrats to you all on your upcoming changes. Starting in January Im going to have friday during school hours completely to myself. For paperwork or anything needed. Might even get my hair cut for the 1st time since june lol. I asked 2 of my early years mums if they could swap days and I have an extra pair of hands for weds n thurs. Im so looking forward to it.

That will make a huge difference
To you! Enjoy your quieter days with Ds this week!

I was
Gonna start a cleaner in my bid to get a better work life balance but the oven and the dishwasher have given up the ghost so no money now Til after Christmas !

shortstuff
01-12-2014, 02:39 PM
That will make a huge difference
To you! Enjoy your quieter days with Ds this week!

I was
Gonna start a cleaner in my bid to get a better work life balance but the oven and the dishwasher have given up the ghost so no money now Til after Christmas !

It should do. Im keeping my fingers crossed ;-)
Im not sure which one of us wants the quieter evenings more lol.

Oh no why is it things like that crop up at the worst times? My OH has decided that he would like to move the kitchen round. He will take away a single cupboard but give me a dishwasher! !!!!! Excited is an understatement lol

smurfette
01-12-2014, 04:25 PM
It should do. Im keeping my fingers crossed ;-) Im not sure which one of us wants the quieter evenings more lol. Oh no why is it things like that crop up at the worst times? My OH has decided that he would like to move the kitchen round. He will take away a single cupboard but give me a dishwasher! !!!!! Excited is an understatement lol

Ooh dishwasher!! We never had room in our old house and dh got me a tea towel saying 'he promised me a dishwasher '! Found it at back of cupboard the other day lol!

shortstuff
01-12-2014, 06:11 PM
Ooh dishwasher!! We never had room in our old house and dh got me a tea towel saying 'he promised me a dishwasher '! Found it at back of cupboard the other day lol!

I had it in my last house but its been in the garage since we moved here. 5yrs in February!

smurfette
02-12-2014, 12:55 PM
I had it in my last house but its been in the garage since we moved here. 5yrs in February!

Lol hope it still works ! You won't know yourself !

Happy birthday Ds!!

shortstuff
02-12-2014, 02:21 PM
Lol hope it still works ! You won't know yourself !

Happy birthday Ds!!

Me too lol. Hope we dont find a family of mice living in it or something similar ;-)

Ah thanks x

KateA
02-12-2014, 03:40 PM
my changes start today, only childminding at home 2 days a week now. Also doing 20hrs home caring, which is better pay and my house stays tidy:clapping:

Fees will be going up in new year and I'm no longer letting my job take over my life

Hi Ziggy I was just wondering how do get in to home caring? do you have to work week ends or nights? I could do with something to boost my earnings but cant do weekends or overnights x

ziggy
03-12-2014, 09:21 AM
Hi Ziggy I was just wondering how do get in to home caring? do you have to work week ends or nights? I could do with something to boost my earnings but cant do weekends or overnights x

I am working for a family in next village, it isnt done through an agency. This mummy has been advertising for a while. I do 2 full days during week then few hours on a sunday, also available for odd evening babysitting. Contract is for 20hrs and I can be flexible because I live alone.

It is strange working in someone elses house/home but lovely to come home to tidy house of my own lol