PDA

View Full Version : Told parent via email

Ripeberry
27-11-2014, 09:07 PM
Yes I'm a coward. But I was sending out the invoices for December and I 'blurted' out, the fact that from the end of July next year I will be giving up CM. I was going to carry on until Sept 2016, but circumstances have changed and I've ended up with only one family (the first one I started with 6 years ago). So it's all come full circle. I've said that I will carry on until the end of the summer term.
Just wonder what her reaction will be now :(

Rick
27-11-2014, 10:00 PM
I just hope you haven't told them too early but they can't say you haven't given them enough warning!

Maza
27-11-2014, 10:04 PM
It's horrible when you are waiting for an email in response to one you sent isn't it? Especially when you see it sitting there in your inbox! They will be sad to lose you but at least you have given them plenty of time - it would have been worse if you hadn't. x

hectors house
27-11-2014, 10:07 PM
At least if they do decide to leave you first you already have plans in place for your next business venture.

Ripeberry
28-11-2014, 12:47 PM
I just hope you haven't told them too early but they can't say you haven't given them enough warning!

In a way I'm not too bothered if they do finish earlier. I have a feeling that the 2 year old will be going to a pre-school after Easter as that's what she had done with her other two. But I really can't take the drop in income (would lose 6 hours worth per week), so in effect I would be working 2 X 11 hr days for way less than the minimum wage. But for now I'm willing to carry on until the end of the summer term. No point in taking on new mindees, because a) there's hardly any interest around her for childcare and b) I could only offer them a few months care.