PDA

View Full Version : Informing ofsted

littleDs31
26-11-2014, 10:36 AM
Hi everyone, after Xmas I will no longer be providing care for early years I will just be a childminding service for after school and holidays. I'm just wondering if I have to inform ofsted of this significant change to my business and if anyone knows how much notice they will need? Thanks :)

NightOwl
26-11-2014, 12:33 PM
Hi littleDs31. I am not sure if this info is correct, but I believe that if you come off the Early Years Register and wish to go back on it at a later date (if you change your mind), that you might have to pay and do the pre-registration course again. Maybe it would be best to find out from ofsted first. Good luck.

littleDs31
26-11-2014, 01:07 PM
I tried finding out on their website but it's a nightmare. It brought up every document but the one relevant to me! I think you are right about having to re apply but it's not something I will be going back to so that's not an issue really. Thanks for your reply :)

Smiley
26-11-2014, 01:16 PM
If you decide to come off the early years register (EYR) and just be on the childcare register, then your annual fee will be higher. You can stay on the EYR without having early years children but if that continues for 3 years(currently) then Ofsted will take you off it. However, if you remain on EYR without Young children you have to be prepared for a no children on roll inspection.

Hope that's helped to clarify.

littleDs31
26-11-2014, 01:59 PM
Thanks smiley, not sure what to do, my income will be drastically lower so don't really like the idea of additional costs :( thanks for ur reply :)