PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Day and Boxing Day.

Happiness
24-11-2014, 08:02 PM
Hello everyone :)
Do you lovely people charge for Christmas Day and Boxing Day please? Not so sure what to do as I usually charge for bank holidays. The 24 of December is my last working day and I have children on the 27 of December so I am not actually taking any time off as I already used my holiday for this year. Just wonder what others do over Christmas. I just don't want my parents to think that I am mean eeekkkkk lol x

tulip0803
24-11-2014, 08:05 PM
I don't charge as I am not available to work those days. If I am available to work a bank holiday then I charge - I have one family that will send on a bank holiday if I am open.

Happiness
24-11-2014, 08:15 PM
Thank you Tulip :)
No charge it is then haha. I have the feeling that if I charge for those 2 days I might end up looking after at least 1 little one on Boxing Day while his parents are busy shopping lol x

tulip0803
24-11-2014, 08:31 PM
Thank you Tulip :)
No charge it is then haha. I have the feeling that if I charge for those 2 days I might end up looking after at least 1 little one on Boxing Day while his parents are busy shopping lol x

Others charge all year round depends on what you have in your contracts. You need to do what feels right to you. I just find it easier this way.

KateA
24-11-2014, 08:43 PM
Hi, yep I dont charge for these days either as dont work bank holidays.

Maza
24-11-2014, 09:15 PM
I don't charge. x

Kiddleywinks
25-11-2014, 06:52 AM
I don't charge for bank holidays if they fall during my planned time off - mainly August BH and Christmastime

Mouse
25-11-2014, 08:42 AM
I charge for bank holidays if I am available to work them, but not if I'm closed. I'm shut all over christmas, I'm not available to work the bank holidays, so I don't charge.

What does it say in your contracts?

tess1981
25-11-2014, 08:46 AM
I work at a lower rate that a lot of you £25 a day.. I take 26 days holiday a year and full fee is payable these days. I explain to parents that's why I charge a lower rate as I spread it out over the holidays too iyswim. Any other days I take off after this are not charged. I am closed this Friday for a family wedding and it does not fall In my holiday time so I am not charging.

Simona
25-11-2014, 11:05 AM
Is there not a difference between not being available to work on Christmas and Boxing day and taking those as holidays?

If they are taken as holiday...with plenty of notice given to the parents...then the agreement on the contract kicks in according to what has been agreed: full pay...half pay or no pay at all ?

Just a thought to consider...often Cms state they take 'weeks' off but do not clarify if they want to take the odd day here and there with notice.

Mindful Mama
25-11-2014, 11:11 AM
I do not charge for bank holidays because I am not prepared to work them :) If a parent has to work a bank holiday and asks me to work it for them I charge double rate :-)