PDA

View Full Version : Possibly reloctaing and need some advice please!!

dolly1985
24-11-2014, 10:21 AM
Hello,

I hope someone can help who is from the Worcestershire area, have spoken to the LA who were no help whatsoever!

I am thinking about relocating to a village in Worcestershire and want to know what the criteria is to offer the free 15hour funded spaces? Also what does it pay per hour?

Would anyone be kind enough to give me an idea of hourly rates in Worcestershire?

I am shocked to learn that Worcester Council has no council run network support for childminders, our one in Bristol is fantastic.

The other thing the woman wouldn't answer from Worcester council is if they have a family information service whereby parents can get a list of available childminders in the area??

I would really appreciate some help as the thought of relocating is really daunting.

Thank you
Holly

loocyloo
26-11-2014, 06:43 PM
sorry, I don't know the answer to any of your questions, but hopefully by bumping it up, someone might!

the only other thing I can suggest is maybe looking at childcare.co.uk for childminders in the area you are hoping to move to, and email/call them to ask?

good luck.

relocating is daunting but can be good! I moved 260miles, knowing nobody except my immediate family, and have been able to restart my business and run it how I want to run it, rather than how I had ended up due to circumstance ( and inexperience in the beginning! )

xx

Maza
26-11-2014, 08:20 PM
Sorry, I also have no advice to offer you but we are also thinking of relocating to Worcestershire and so I will be watching this thread with interest. Let me now how you get on. x

rickysmiths
28-11-2014, 01:05 AM
Hello,

I hope someone can help who is from the Worcestershire area, have spoken to the LA who were no help whatsoever!

I am thinking about relocating to a village in Worcestershire and want to know what the criteria is to offer the free 15hour funded spaces? Also what does it pay per hour?

Would anyone be kind enough to give me an idea of hourly rates in Worcestershire?

I am shocked to learn that Worcester Council has no council run network support for childminders, our one in Bristol is fantastic.

The other thing the woman wouldn't answer from Worcester council is if they have a family information service whereby parents can get a list of available childminders in the area??

I would really appreciate some help as the thought of relocating is really daunting.

Thank you
Holly

Google! Family Information Service (http://www.whub.org.uk/cms/family-information-service.aspx)

Family Information Service
First Floor
West Wing
Wildwood, Worcester
WR5 2NP

By phone: 01905 822 666
By email: familyinfo@worcestershire.gov.uk .

dolly1985
01-12-2014, 08:45 AM
Thank you!