PDA

View Full Version : My tips

Sadie's Mum
31-07-2008, 08:36 AM
My tips from my first inspection yesterday.

She was with me about 2 hours - during that time she basically went through my paperwork. She didn't really look around the house which I was really surprised about, she didn't go upstairs or into the garden! She basically just saw my lounge and my kitchen/diner. She also didn't check my first aid box.

It was the same inspector I had had a year ago at my pre-reg! She said she was very pleased that she could see some of the stuff we had talked about at my pre-reg I had put into practice e.g. stickers on my french doors etc.

She loved all my paperwork - she said my policies were excellent and very imformative and set out well.

She loved my risk assessments too (thank you Sarahnev!) and said they were very thorough. She said she could just tell that I do all my daily checks everyday.

Another thing she really liked was I have a little black book which I keep in my handbag. In the front it has a photo of me, my details and that I am a childminder and the children I have with me may not be my own. It says it's to help assist emergency services should I ever be in an accident and unable to speak for them and that it has details of all the children I care for, not necessarily all at the same time. Then I have a photo and all the emergency contact details, doctors details, allergies and signed emergency treatment consent for each child. I also have my own daughter in there as she is often with me. She was really impressed with that! That was an idea I had gotten from someone on my ICP course.

She liked the examples of the childrens art work, she said she especially liked the ones the children had done completely on their own - rather than printed pictures which they have then coloured or painted.

She said it was obvious the children were very happy and felt secure here and were very well behaved.

I got one recommendation which was to increase my multicultural and disability resources - which I was expecting that anyway!

I got
Helping children to be healthy - Good
Protecting chldren from harm & neglect & keeping them safe - outstanding
Helping children enjoy what they do & achieve as well as they can - Good
Positive contribution - Good
Organisation - Good

Overall I was graded "Good" but she said it was a very high good and my report will reflect this!

I'm very happy! :jump for joy: :jump for joy:

She also said I have got my variation that I requested for September! Woohoo! :jump for joy:

I think that's everything - it's so hard to remember it all! If I think of anything else I will add it!

Bushpig
31-07-2008, 08:39 AM
Well done!!!!!!!!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: I love the idea of the book in your bag... might have to nick it... ;)

LittleAcorns
31-07-2008, 08:41 AM
Well done, thanks for posting this xx

Sadie's Mum
31-07-2008, 08:43 AM
Well done!!!!!!!!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: I love the idea of the book in your bag... might have to nick it... ;)

feel free to! :D

Tatia
31-07-2008, 08:43 AM
Well done, you! :clapping: You must be so relieved and proud, now that it's over. Thanks for your tips.

donnahay0
31-07-2008, 08:46 AM
Well done that is fantastic news - you have obviously put in a lot of effort and deserve your grade. Keep up the good work

littletreasures
31-07-2008, 11:52 AM
Well done.

Fantastic.

Sadie's Mum
31-07-2008, 05:36 PM
Thank you all!!:D

Jules27
02-08-2008, 07:27 PM
well done you!!:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: I have heard about this book thing before and think is a fab idea and will def have one come sept when I start properly!!! ireally hope I get the same inspector I had for my pre reg as she was a pussy cat really!! My friend in the next village had a right old so and so who checked EVERYTHING possible and made loads of recomendations.. eek!!!:laughing:

sarah707
02-08-2008, 07:38 PM
That's brilliant feedback, thank you for sharing!

I'm very pleased the Risk Assessments e-book helped ... it's what I use.

Looking forward to reading your report! :D

miffy
03-08-2008, 07:30 AM
Well done and thanks for sharing your tips:thumbsup:

Miffy xx

emler
03-08-2008, 08:06 AM
Well done from me too :clapping:

flora
03-08-2008, 10:16 AM
Well done :clapping: Glad you got nice inspector :thumbsup:

I am dreading my next inspection, due sept/oct.The last inspector was a dragon :panic:

Saz
09-08-2008, 12:17 PM
Well done, brilliant tips.

Spangles
09-08-2008, 12:22 PM
Thank you for that, it's really helpful and well done again on your grading!