PDA

View Full Version : car insurance

wee_elf
18-11-2014, 02:00 PM
Hi everyone,

I am looking for a bit of advice! I am currently insured as a named driver on my husbands policy but I would like to start taking the children in the car.
Is it acceptable to have business insurance added as a named driver or will I need my own policy? I am with Tesco if that makes any difference?

Thank you

QualityCare
18-11-2014, 06:21 PM
I would ring your insurers and ask but l would think that if the car was insured for business use, which shouldn't increase your premium, and they know that you are driving it for your business it would be ok.

Lal
18-11-2014, 07:08 PM
Not sure about for tesco but with admiral I am main driver and my husband is named driver on the 'big' car and vice versa on the 'little' and for both I am insured to drive for childminding business. So, they are happy for the named driver to use the car fro business. It didn't increase the premium, but I did pay an admin fee.
Give them a ring and check. :)

wee_elf
19-11-2014, 02:21 PM
Thanks for the replies 😃. They added out on for free (other than a £20 admin fee), so today we went out to a museum that would normally be too far away! I was nervous about driving mindee for the first time ever but i done it woooohoooo!!

loocyloo
19-11-2014, 10:47 PM
Thanks for the replies ��. They added out on for free (other than a £20 admin fee), so today we went out to a museum that would normally be too far away! I was nervous about driving mindee for the first time ever but i done it woooohoooo!!

well done you xx