PDA

View Full Version : another leaving

jackie 7
17-11-2014, 10:03 AM
just when I think I am doing ok a child leaves. The mum confirmed a while ago she was happy and was asking if I would do nursery pick ups. She moved and the trafic is bad. CShe is a tricky child, won't iniate play and very jealous of other children. Just need to work at getting another to replace her. At least I will be able to put my soft toys out as she sucks all of them.

Mouse
17-11-2014, 11:08 AM
Good luck with finding a replacement.

hectors house
17-11-2014, 11:39 AM
Hope you find an easier child to look after soon - has your profile on childcare.co.uk been viewed recently, may be worth updating to a paid listing rather than a free one so you can contact people who have viewed. Or get a magnetic car sticker from Vistaprint, keep a stock of your business cards in your bag and hand them out at the park or toddler groups or give a few to each of your other parents and ask them to hand out to friends - maybe say you will do a couple of hours free babysitting to any parent who gets you new work.

jackie 7
17-11-2014, 02:45 PM
I updated my childcare profile and it is gold. Worth keep paying all the time. Must remember to put my cards into my bags I keep forgetting yo do do.

CSR2014
17-11-2014, 05:19 PM
Hi,
I guess it's very easy to take these things personally!! However, you have done the right thing already in asking for feedback and it sounds very much like it's
factors outside of your control. Good luck in finding a child who settles quickly and is a little easier to care for!!

jackie 7
18-11-2014, 05:50 PM
mum has now said dad has to take his holidays before new year and lo leaving before christmas, i will be open between christmas just and only just for her. today wondered if her lo had chicken pox the week i had sent her home sick. She had very weird nappy rash when she came back.The only good thing is lo is leaving. We have not bonded, I don't like a 22 mth trying to dominate everything.

sarah707
18-11-2014, 08:23 PM
It sounds like you are ready to move on ... good luck with the advertising!! :D

smurfette
18-11-2014, 10:53 PM
[QUOTE="jackie 7;1384131"]mum has now said dad has to take his holidays before new year and lo leaving before christmas, i will be open between christmas just and only just for her. today wondered if her lo had chicken pox the week i had sent her home sick. She had very weird nappy rash when she came back.The only good thing is lo is leaving. We have not bonded, I don't like a 22 mth trying to dominate everything.[/QUOT

aw Jackie sorry to hear that.. At least you will get some time off over Christmas (coming over for dinner and a drink?!) hope you fill the space soon I hate that sometimes it seems like a spate of losing little ones but it does seem to settle again .. Hugs xx