PDA

View Full Version : Child leaving - transition form?

unalindura77
17-11-2014, 09:57 AM
Hello all

Hope you're all well

For the first time I have a child leaving after being with me since I registered a year and a bit ago and he'll be going to either a nursery or another childminder (parents not sure yet). He has an online journal but I'm not sure what to do, I've seen the term 'transition form' used but don't know what it entails?

Will I do a paper form of it? Can anyone help?

XX

mama2three
17-11-2014, 01:38 PM
I use an old format - the headings are unique child , positive relationships , enabllng environments , learning and development , childs voice...
My transition form doesn't only focus on what the child can do - that should be evident from the learning journal. Instead I try and build picture of the 'person' - their likes and dislikes , how they like to be comforted , their learning style , their little traits ..... what kind of 'environment they thrive in , how they interact with other children , other adults....
the childs voice part says how they feel about the transition , usually for a move up to school ..are they excited , scared , what are their expectations or what are they excited about...

unalindura77
18-11-2014, 09:27 AM
Thanks so much Mama2three, that's given me a good idea :clapping::clapping: