PDA

View Full Version : maternity pay/pre registered earnings/grant

lindsay.butler
13-11-2014, 08:12 PM
hi all

just trying to finalise my 2013/14 return and got a few questions

1) i got a £250 grant, do I include this as part of my income? as part of my assessment, if so where does it go? i am completing an online assessment

2) i was on maternity pay paid via DWP, as I had been made redundant so was not pay Statutory Maternity pay by an employer, do I include this as part of my income? as part of my assessment, if so where does it go?

3) I registered as self employed mid feb, but had actually started earning a bit before, so i guess i should state my actual start date on my return and include all income received?

4) where I started in Feb, it was not a full month, so do i calculate my council tax and water etc on a pro-rata basis?

thanks all

Chatterbox Childcare
13-11-2014, 08:34 PM
hi all

just trying to finalise my 2013/14 return and got a few questions

1) i got a £250 grant, do I include this as part of my income? as part of my assessment, if so where does it go? i am completing an online assessment

Just put it in income and claim the 10% wear and tear and then put the expenses through as normal

2) i was on maternity pay paid via DWP, as I had been made redundant so was not pay Statutory Maternity pay by an employer, do I include this as part of my income? as part of my assessment, if so where does it go?

Sorry don't know the answer to this - would refer you to the hmrc or an accountant

3) I registered as self employed mid feb, but had actually started earning a bit before, so i guess i should state my actual start date on my return and include all income received?

Would put your start date on your form when you actually received money

4) where I started in Feb, it was not a full month, so do i calculate my council tax and water etc on a pro-rata basis?

Use the bills and divide by 52 weeks and then multiply by the number of weeks worked

thanks all

Hope that all helps - just a note - if you submit by paper you will have to work out your refund/payment yourself now that we are past 31st October but if you do it online the system will calculate for you

lindsay.butler
13-11-2014, 09:00 PM
thank you, if anyone can help on the maternity pay that would be great! :)

Kirsty90
13-11-2014, 09:45 PM
Maternity pay does not need to be declared I was on maternity leave from April to September last year & have been told this doesn't need to go on my tax return xx