PDA

View Full Version : i am almost rendered speechless..... almost 😉

Rickers83
11-11-2014, 01:17 PM
I gave notice to a family 5 1/2 weeks ago as I have a new job.
Chatting at breakfast I ask eldest sibling 4 if hes excited about going to his new place next week.... He looks at me like I'm from outer space, so I changed the subject.

When I checked in with mum later I told her about conversation & said sorry if id dropped hee in it if she hadn't told him yet

She said yes he knows but we haven't arranged new childcare yet....

Wow, 5 weeks notice & 2 days before I finish they have nothing in place

Like I say speechless.... Almost

hectors house
11-11-2014, 02:17 PM
Chatting at breakfast I ask eldest sibling 4 if hes excited about going to his new place next week.... He looks at me like I'm from outer space, so I changed the subject.

When I checked in with mum later I told her about conversation & said sorry if id dropped hee in it if she hadn't told him yet

Can't believe they haven't managed to sort anything out yet, what a shame that the children won't be able to settle in anywhere else slowly. Do you know of any other local child minders who have spaces at the moment or is the mum just burying her head in the sand? Good luck with your new job. :thumbsup:

Rickers83
11-11-2014, 02:48 PM
I gave details of 2 childminders I know & I know they rang and spoke to one of them...

I know its not my problem, but like you say its the kids I feel sorry for, the youngest who is 2 still freaks out if I take him anywhere new ��

Mouse
11-11-2014, 04:04 PM
Oh dear! I hope they manage to arrange something soon.

I think some parents don't realise just how hard it can be to arrange childcare. Some seem to think they can pick up a phone at the last minute & it'll be sorted!

AliceK
11-11-2014, 04:40 PM
Oh dear! I hope they manage to arrange something soon.

I think some parents don't realise just how hard it can be to arrange childcare. Some seem to think they can pick up a phone at the last minute & it'll be sorted!

It is definitely hard to find a childminder here at the moment. I have never known all the local childminders at the school to have no space which is the case at the moment. I can usually pass someones number on who has a space but at present none of us have. Never known that before and enquiries are coming in thick and fast, not sure what's going on.

xxx

KateA
11-11-2014, 09:54 PM
Wow poor kids, may be they looked at other childminders and none of them were you so did not like them.

JCrakers
11-11-2014, 10:03 PM
After doing this job for 7 years nothing surprises me anymore ��

hectors house
12-11-2014, 09:09 AM
It is definitely hard to find a childminder here at the moment. I have never known all the local childminders at the school to have no space which is the case at the moment. I can usually pass someones number on who has a space but at present none of us have. Never known that before and enquiries are coming in thick and fast, not sure what's going on.

xxx

We are having same problem in our town - we have an independent childminders web page with a contact us section, the enquiries get e-mailed round to us all, but no-one has any spaces!

Simona
12-11-2014, 09:26 AM

It could be that this parent's needs have changed and she does not need a CM anymore?...or she has found someone unregistered to do the care for her?

Enjoy your new job !

munch149
12-11-2014, 10:18 AM
Maybe the lack of spaces is due to all the childminders giving up. Swear I hear about a new one every day

Rickers83
12-11-2014, 10:58 AM
It could be that this parent's needs have changed and she does not need a CM anymore?...or she has found someone unregistered to do the care for her?

Enjoy your new job !

She will definitely still need childcare, maybe she has got someone unregistered to do it but the way she said it was that they hadn't managed to sort anything out yet, and when I spoke to her about his lj & transfer paperwork last night she said she'd take it for when they had found someone.....

Simona
12-11-2014, 11:39 AM
She will definitely still need childcare, maybe she has got someone unregistered to do it but the way she said it was that they hadn't managed to sort anything out yet, and when I spoke to her about his lj & transfer paperwork last night she said she'd take it for when they had found someone.....

There is your reply from the parent...either she has someone and not wanting to share the identity or she has left it to the last minute...all you can do is wish her good luck and hope she wishes you good luck in your new job!! :thumbsup:

Koala
12-11-2014, 12:36 PM
I know you have given them PLENTY of notice BUT what if they think they can still come to you until they find alternative care? You know some parents think you will bend over backwards and then again. Like someone else says - nothing ceases to amaze me anymore!

Rickers83
12-11-2014, 02:08 PM
I know you have given them PLENTY of notice BUT what if they think they can still come to you until they find alternative care? You know some parents think you will bend over backwards and then again. Like someone else says - nothing ceases to amaze me anymore!

The thought had crossed my mind..... Theyll be out of luck as I start my new job on Monday!

Koala
12-11-2014, 02:16 PM
The thought had crossed my mind..... Theyll be out of luck as I start my new job on Monday!

Are these the parents who were a bit funny about being given notice by you?

KateA
12-11-2014, 02:16 PM

Great minds I thought the same thing, how awkward would that be if they just turn up on Monday.

Good luck in new job and how fab to have your home back again

Rickers83
12-11-2014, 03:42 PM
Are these the parents who were a bit funny about being given notice by you?

Of course! ;)

Koala
12-11-2014, 03:54 PM
MMmmmmmm Say no more, How dare you have a life that conflicts with theirs! :D

I'm waiting for Monday morning to see if they turn up!