PDA

View Full Version : Aggressive 2 1/2 year old

gremlin
10-11-2014, 02:29 PM
Im after advise please
I've looked after x for 18 months now and over the last 8 months she has become aggressive poking other children's eyes, hitting, kicking and scratching. She even does this to her parents and now to me. I've mentioned this time after time to mum and its ignored with poor excuses given. I started a behaviour log so if the times comes when I need it I can look back at it. Thanks for reading

Mindful Mama
10-11-2014, 03:02 PM
I had a similar issue with a boy I mind. I called parents in for a meeting and discussed a behavioural plan with them... i told them that this needed to change as it not I would need to terminate the contract with immediate effect. we agreed that giving too much attention to the behaviour was making it worse. When he hit or lashed out I would pick him up sit him somewhere safe to get on with it and then when he had calmed down go back to him and explain why we do not hit. I bought some books "when sophie gets angry" and "hands are not for hitting" that seemed to help.

He now doesn't do it so much. TBH things for me really changed when I said to parents that it was either things change quick or I would not look after him, i think it was at this point that the parents started to take me seriously and began working with his behaviour at home.

Good luck

Simona
12-11-2014, 12:29 PM
Im after advise please
I've looked after x for 18 months now and over the last 8 months she has become aggressive poking other children's eyes, hitting, kicking and scratching. She even does this to her parents and now to me. I've mentioned this time after time to mum and its ignored with poor excuses given. I started a behaviour log so if the times comes when I need it I can look back at it. Thanks for reading

That sounds like typical behaviour in a toddler...most go through that phase but it will disappear

This will help...share wit parents and plan a shared strategy

ZERO TO THREE: Aggressive Behavior in Toddlers (http://www.zerotothree.org/child-development/challenging-behavior/aggressive-behavior.html)