PDA

View Full Version : Wheres acceptable for your mindees to nap/sleep?

mumofone
07-11-2014, 04:09 PM
My son is still a baby and just takes naps on the floor (clean carpeted floor on a clean blanket etc) but would this be acceptable for other children or should they always be in a cot or something?

Dragonfly
07-11-2014, 04:32 PM
I think in a cot /pram on a sofa or in pushchair to be quite honest.If the child was playing on the floor and laid down and fell asleep i would probably cover them and leave them, but it wouldn't be a norm to sleep on the floor.

moggy
07-11-2014, 09:22 PM
Under 2s in cot or buggy. I have over-2s who have slept on sleep mats on lounge floor, but only as I have no other children downstairs at the time.
Upstairs sleepers always in cot for safety- once they are too old for cot or climb out then they are in lounge on sleep mat where I can see them.
For hygiene they need own bedding each, easier to manage that in cots, prams or sleep mats. Of course, there will be odd occassion where child falls asleep on floor/sofa but I would not plan to do that.

clareelizabeth1
07-11-2014, 09:24 PM
I do cots or on sofa mostly to stop them being trod on.

loocyloo
08-11-2014, 06:50 AM
Mine sleep in buggies when little and then sleep mats on the floor. Usually dining room which is only used for sleeping. I have one LO in a cot (also in dining room) as he just didn't/doesn't sleep in buggy!

FussyElmo
08-11-2014, 08:22 AM
My son is still a baby and just takes naps on the floor (clean carpeted floor on a clean blanket etc) but would this be acceptable for other children or should they always be in a cot or something?

Couldn't you invest in a sleep mat for him :thumbsup: or is it a case of him just going when and where he is ready

lisbet
08-11-2014, 01:57 PM
Either in a travel cot upstairs, on a mattress on the sitting room floor, or in the pushchair - depending on what works best for each child and what combination of sleep needs there are on a given day. The children have their own mattress protector, sheet and blanket for the cot / mattress and I have liners for the pushchair.

loocyloo
08-11-2014, 10:58 PM
Couldn't you invest in a sleep mat for him :thumbsup: or is it a case of him just going when and where he is ready

My sleep mats are argos value exercise mats with pillowcase type covers that I made for them.

mumofone
09-11-2014, 11:31 AM
Sorry to sound stupid but what's a sleep mat and where would I buy one?

funemnx
09-11-2014, 12:15 PM
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=sleep+mats&tag=mh0a9-21&index=aps&hvadid=3171145052&ref=pd_sl_5rh962prfz_b

loocyloo
09-11-2014, 06:29 PM
My sleep mats are argos value exercise mats with pillowcase type covers that I made for them.

As above ... About £5/6 and a good size for little people!

Rubybubbles
09-11-2014, 06:41 PM
mine sleep upstair in travel cots on in pushchairs :-)

gremlin
10-11-2014, 07:46 AM
My mindees sleep in pushchairs or on the sofa. Some pass out on the rug in the living room too when they have fought it all day! I really like the idea of the gym mats tho!!

FloraDora
10-11-2014, 07:51 AM
All in cots or beds - but I do have the luxury of spare bedrooms.

My parents like that they are in proper cots/ beds - and this was a swing factor for my latest LO. So I see this as a selling point.

mumofone
25-11-2014, 03:33 PM
Do you think OFSTED Would be ok with any of these providing fresh blanket/bedding was used where applicable?

moggy
25-11-2014, 07:09 PM
Do you think OFSTED Would be ok with any of these providing fresh blanket/bedding was used where applicable?

Yes, they assess you based on the EYFS- so needs to be hygienic, safe and in accordance to parent's wishes:

Cot, buggy, travel cot, sleeping mat, sleeping bag, pram, carry cot... whatever suits you and the child and the family.