PDA

View Full Version : Allergens

natlou82
07-11-2014, 06:44 AM
Hi, I'm still trying to decide the best way forward when following the new guidelines that obviously keeps my paperwork to a minimum but covers the necessary guidelines. I was just wondering what others have decided to do.

mama2three
07-11-2014, 07:53 AM
As far as paperwork goes I will be adding a few lines to my 'healthy eating policy' saying that I follow the current ( ie dec 2014) guidelines . And that's it really. My initial child information form already asks for details of food intolerances and allergies. I wont be adding anything else , certainly not writing out recipes etc. I will be able to check what was in a particular meal I prepared if asked which is all that's required.

moggy
07-11-2014, 08:07 AM
As far as paperwork goes I will be adding a few lines to my 'healthy eating policy' saying that I follow the current ( ie dec 2014) guidelines . And that's it really. My initial child information form already asks for details of food intolerances and allergies. I wont be adding anything else , certainly not writing out recipes etc. I will be able to check what was in a particular meal I prepared if asked which is all that's required.

Exactly what I am doing. No more is required.

loocyloo
08-11-2014, 11:28 PM

Same here!

natlou82
09-11-2014, 07:36 AM
Thank you that has really helped I was thinking I needed to do more. I ll do the same as I also collect details of allergies when children start.

Simona
09-11-2014, 08:31 AM
That sounds ok and very easy....I hope CMs are not going to be worried about extra paperwork????

Parents must also be aware of allergens in food they give their children at home or food they provide for us....and share that with us.
A child can develop an allergy after starting in our setting...that wonderful leaflet should be printed and a copy given to parents