PDA

View Full Version : Fsa allergens

littleDs31
05-11-2014, 02:08 PM
I has anyone completed the food standards agency's online training about allergens? I'm just wondering if it is worth doing or is it more for large companies serving food. Thanks :)

moggy
05-11-2014, 02:42 PM
I has anyone completed the food standards agency's online training about allergens? I'm just wondering if it is worth doing or is it more for large companies serving food. Thanks :)

I did it, it was so easy I got 100% in the 'quiz' without even reading the training. The emailed me the certificate as link was not working. I did read the training after in case I learned something! No harm in doing it, didn't take long.

sarah707
05-11-2014, 08:21 PM
Yes our chef has done the training and we are preparing for Dec 13th by ensuring we have food allergen information to give to parents following FSA advice as detailed in this thread :D

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/general-childminding-chat/133377-food-standards-agency-advice.html

Simona
06-11-2014, 08:10 AM

Why not?...I will take a look as well...it won't harm to be informed but we do not need to go as far as being trained ...no one has suggested that yet.

The new rules about allergens that come in Dec 2014 do not just apply to the EY providers...they also apply to parents
Both CMs and parents MUST share that info and keep each other informed...the various leaflet produced should do the trick very well because a child could develop an allergy at any time

I hope cms are not going to produce additional unnecessary paperwork on this matter.

Hope you enjoy the online info opportunity!

natlou82
07-11-2014, 06:39 AM
I completed the training too. Like others have said it didn't take too long and was informative.