PDA

View Full Version : I really really ought to know the answer to this one....

venus89
30-07-2008, 07:53 PM
:blush:
How do you clean your changing mat? I've been minding all this time and still don't have one but I need to think about getting one soon and was thinking - the mats the LOs have been bringing in their bags I just wipe down with a clean baby wipe after and leave the antibac process to the Mums but if I have a changing mat here and use it for more than one child on the same day how do I keep it clean?

fionamal
30-07-2008, 08:04 PM
I wipe down with a babywipe and then spray with antibac spray

crazybones
30-07-2008, 08:05 PM
I use the fold up mats - I have one for each child as they were only cheap - about £2 and one was from a changing bag I never used. Each child has a wicker basket on the shelves in my downstairs loo containing their changing mat, nappies, wipes, suntan lotion, creams, etc. I anti bac after each use.

sue m
30-07-2008, 08:05 PM
I bought one cos my little one is only a year old and I thought O might not like her lying on my carpet - germs and dirt etc!!! and I just bought some anti-bacterial wipes. I hope they are ok.

venus89
30-07-2008, 08:12 PM
So there's no right answer then?!
It sounds like I'll be OK using 1 mat and wiping down with antibac after -thanks!

cher25
30-07-2008, 08:19 PM
Im so glad you asked that question.lol I've been wondering the same and just never got round to asking. What king of antibac spray does everyone use or are wipes good enough? I use dettol wipes.

Cher

crazybones
30-07-2008, 08:21 PM
I usually use wipes. I just buy whatever is on offer at the time (in bulk :rolleyes: )

buildingblocks
30-07-2008, 08:28 PM
Im so glad you asked that question.lol I've been wondering the same and just never got round to asking. What king of antibac spray does everyone use or are wipes good enough? I use dettol wipes.

Cher

I use Bugs Away Spray with kitchen towel. i provide myown baby wipes for bottoms and buy green/eco friendly ones so too expensive to use on changing mat. I also have separate mats for each child.

sarah707
30-07-2008, 08:57 PM
I use the same mat and spray with antibac, wipe with kitchen towel and fold for next use.

If parents supply a mat in the bag, I spray that before and after use :D

miffy
30-07-2008, 08:59 PM
Each child has their own mat - supplied by parent or me

Wiped down with anti-bac after use

Miffy xx

Alibali
30-07-2008, 09:19 PM
A friend of mine wiped her mat with a baby wipe at her inspection and was given a recommendation to use anti-bac cleaner after use, baby wipes not good enough to kill those bugs!

Tatia
31-07-2008, 07:40 AM
I use anti-bac wipes which are tucked into my changing kit.

LittleAcorns
31-07-2008, 08:37 AM
I use the fold up mats - I have one for each child as they were only cheap - about £2 and one was from a changing bag I never used. Each child has a wicker basket on the shelves in my downstairs loo containing their changing mat, nappies, wipes, suntan lotion, creams, etc. I anti bac after each use.

fab idea, can I nick it please? :littleangel:

crazybones
31-07-2008, 08:40 AM
fab idea, can I nick it please? :littleangel:

:laughing: Of course you can. I am shocked that I have one idea that I havent stolen from someone else. :blush:

Mags
31-07-2008, 09:50 AM
Mine have seperate mats and are also cleaned after each use with anti bac.
Like the idea of the wicker baskets :):)