PDA

View Full Version : EYFS packs on Ebay

Willowdancer
30-07-2008, 07:40 PM
Has anybody bought any of the EYFS CDs with pre-designed learning journey books and other documentation on them?

I have seen a few CDs that I am interested in but if anybody has bought any please could you PM me any seller recommendations? (I expect it is classed as advertising if you mention them on the board.)

I know, I know - I could just as well do it myself from scratch but to be honest I have loads of admin work to get done for my husband's business as well as taking the lion's share when it comes to running the house and looking after the kids so anything that makes my life easier is a bonus at the moment.

Thanks!

sarah707
30-07-2008, 09:03 PM
I don't sell on Ebay any more because I was finding my stuff back on there a few weeks later, under a different name. :(

There is a lot of stuff on Ebay at the moment which is taken directly from the EYFS CD, so be careful not to get stung by that ... it's prettily coloured, but otherwise exactly the same... it comes from the green bits on the right of here -

http://www.standards.dfes.gov.uk/eyfs/site/3/1.htm

My EYFS Observations and Planning materials are on my website :D

butterfly
30-07-2008, 09:06 PM
having bought both on ebay and from sarah i would definately go with sarah's! her's is exactly what she says it is and more. she does it in depth and it is truly outstanding! i have been disappointed several times by ebay stuff - childminder's saying their stuff got graded as outstanding but i didn't think it was that great! go with sarah's!!

angeldelight
30-07-2008, 09:07 PM
I know you say you havent the time but if you keep it simple it wont take long to do your own paperwork

There is so much information for free out there I would not give the satisfaction of giving money to an ebay seller when most of the resources that most of them sell are available for free or taken from someone else

Angel xx

miffy
30-07-2008, 09:08 PM
I know you say you havent the time but if you keep it simple it wont take long to do your own paperwork

There is so much information for free out there I would not give the satisfaction of giving money to an ebay seller when most of the resources that most of them sell are available for free or taken from someone else

Angel xx

Well put - I agree completely

Miffy xx

littletreasures
30-07-2008, 09:11 PM
I would use Sarah's stuff any time.

You know you are not being taken for a ride as they are definitely her own work!!!

Willowdancer
30-07-2008, 10:05 PM
My EYFS Observations and Planning materials are on my website :D

Thanks Sarah (and everybody else!)

Have had a quick peek at your website and shall pay it much closer attention tomorrow, after I've managed to have a decent night's sleep for the first time in ages, lol

Then I'll speak to the bank manager (hubby :laughing:)

Pauline
31-07-2008, 07:23 AM
I wouldn't trust anything from eBay, it all seems to be either ripped off from someone else's work (I know from experience!), a re-hash of stuff you can get for free on government websites or over priced rubbish that you could write yourself!

:)

melanieabigail2004
31-07-2008, 07:59 AM
DOn't go with ebay - have bought a couple of things and pretty much been disappointed - Sarah's stuff on the other hand is great!

Mel

nannysue
01-08-2008, 12:55 PM
How right you are, i have just recieved an accounts package on cd to find it is the NCMA accounts book copied page for page!!!!!!:mad: I have sent a complaint and am waiting for a reply, will be interesting as work is said to be persons own design. I certainly won't be doing that again. I have my eye on a couple of Sarah's books and she certainly comes well recommended.

Sue x

Angela234
01-08-2008, 01:17 PM
I have brought some off Ebay before not very impressed most of it i have seen on other sites as freebies

I have resently brought from Sarah and its all her own work with examples to make it understandable and easier to do so i would recommend looking at her e-books

Angela

LOOPYLISA
01-08-2008, 01:39 PM
Hi sorry im going off the subject a little, keep well clear of ebay, we lost £1,500..............................long story:angry:

foxy lady
04-08-2008, 08:13 PM
Hi sorry im going off the subject a little, keep well clear of ebay, we lost £1,500..............................long story:angry:

oooooohhh go on loopylisa tell us????

LittleMissSparkles
05-08-2008, 08:35 PM
yer what happened ??? xxx

EllieF
05-08-2008, 08:38 PM
I can recommend Sarah's stuff too - easy to understand, and a friendly childminder to boot :)
Ellie

Minstrel
06-08-2008, 08:19 AM

Dying to know now!