PDA

View Full Version : What or who is a DO?

KateA
29-10-2014, 05:54 PM
Hi I have seen the odd post refer to a DO please could someone advise who or what they are as don't think we have them or if we do I don't know who mine is
thanks

Kiddleywinks
29-10-2014, 06:26 PM
DO stands for Development Officer - normally your early years contact at the council.
They go by all manner of names and guises now ours recently changed to : Early years support officer :rolleyes:

If you have one depends on your local authority - did you have someone from the council come out to you before your Ofsted pre reg? That would have been your DO if you did.

KateA
29-10-2014, 06:58 PM
hi thanks for that, yep we have early years advisors but they did not come out to me pre reg. It was someone from Childminding matters they seem to do the pre reg help visit and general help etc

Simona
29-10-2014, 07:06 PM
In my LA they are all Consultants now with different roles...those supporting cms...nursery and preschools...those who run CCentres etc etc

Your LA should have a website with a list of those in the EY team...check it out and see what you find...they must still provide support for those who have RI/inadequate grades and often support others 'on request'.

Good luck

mum67
02-11-2014, 09:19 PM
From my point of view they are a WASTE OF MONEY THAT COULD BE PUT TO BETTER USAGE.
As Simona would say "My opinion of course":thumbsup:

Simona
02-11-2014, 09:35 PM
From my point of view they are a WASTE OF MONEY THAT COULD BE PUT TO BETTER USAGE.
As Simona would say "My opinion of course":thumbsup:

Uh Uh!!!...Love it Mum 67 :thumbsup:
About time we learnt to express our own individual opinion and point of view without falling into the habit of following the 'leaders'
Every little voice counts...my view of course :D

bunyip
03-11-2014, 09:43 AM
I always considered it to be a strange job title. I had one who was excellent when it came to getting started, but never helped me 'develop' after registration. Mind you, I think this reflects the whole essence of pacey.

It didn't help that, after registration, I was dealing with a different DO who seemed to think it was her business to dictate how the rest of us ran our businesses. :mad:

hectors house
03-11-2014, 02:40 PM
DO - Development Officers are now extinct in Somerset - as mum67 said, they were pretty much a waste of money, pity though that after 12 months of them being made redundant Somerset still can't balance their books and are proposing to cut our funding amounts!