PDA

View Full Version : had enough........giving notice to 2 families

ziggy
28-10-2014, 08:35 PM
Returned from lovely holiday in Amsterdam, back to work today and i could cry. Pregnant mummy now only wants one day a week during her maternity leave. So have made big decision.

Going to keep child who comes 2 days a week (never any bother from her or parents) then work as home carer for lady who has been asking me for 3years. Will do 20 hours for her in their house, at nearly treble my hourly rate minding.

I can no longer work an 11 hour day, 5 days a week. I am totally exhausted and my back is getting more painful as time goes on, yesterday I was diagnosed with asthma and think it may be stress related

Notice letters going out this Friday.

shortstuff
28-10-2014, 08:39 PM
Im sorry to hear you are being messed about but glad you have got to a place where hopefully it will work for you x

Ripeberry
28-10-2014, 08:45 PM
This job does seem to cause health and stress problems. Hope it all works out for you and that you can take control back! :thumbsup:

AliceK
28-10-2014, 10:27 PM
Good for you :thumbsup:, sounds ideal. This job certainly does take it out of you doesn't it, both mentally and physically.
Good luck to you xxx

funemnx
29-10-2014, 07:33 AM
Sounds great - you get both a new start and 2 days a week with lovely child. I sometimes wish I could do something different for a couple of days a week and still carry on childminding the other days - doing the same job every day can get a bit 'samey'

All the best for you're new future! :thumbsup:

hectors house
29-10-2014, 07:49 AM
Glad you have worked out an option for a good work/life balance - hope it all goes well. :thumbsup:

Mouse
29-10-2014, 08:11 AM
Sounds like you have found a perfect compromise.

Hopefully you'll feel a huge weight lifted off your shoulders now that you've made the decision.

Here's to a bright future for you :thumbsup:

Dragonfly
29-10-2014, 08:18 AM
Hope all goes well. Sounds lovely. People think childminding is so easy don't they? But it can be very stressful at times.

KateA
29-10-2014, 05:50 PM
hi sounds like a good plan to me , I only have a child one day a week at moment so thinking of getting something else as well do you need to work nights and weekends as a carer?

toddlers896
29-10-2014, 07:19 PM
Good luck ziggy. You always know when Its time for a change and the minute I feel like that I will definitely look at doing something else. Howl long have you been childminding x

tess1981
30-10-2014, 08:20 AM
Hope all goes well. Sounds lovely. People think childminding is so easy don't they? But it can be very stressful at times.

This is why I . now take a Wednesday off. I was doing 5 days 8am until 5.45pm. Since its only me and and my 2 children that live here I have the house work to do after cooking my own children's dinner making sure the that do homework stop fighting take where . ever they need to go after work and I was exhausted. Explained to parents I needed a day where I could do food shopping appointments cleaning and a bit of time out as it's a demanding job. I got my 5 day a week parent to drop to 4 days a week. And told all my part timers they could use any day except Wednesday so far all going great :)

smurfette
30-10-2014, 06:33 PM
I have Fridays off and find it a great balance .. I may have to go back to it for one little one in may , but he is due for playschool in sept so won't be for long. Only way I will do it again

It's all about finding a balance, it is such a demanding job and it's easy to fill to capacity if you are lucky enough to be in a busy area and to end up doing longer hours to get the business but when you consider most of us do between 10-12 hour days it means in a four day week we are already doing more than a 40 hour week .. And people who do other jobs and a 40 hour week only work about 36 hours as they get a lunch break!

Sounds like a great balance for you Ziggy I wish you all the best with it I know what a hard 12 months you have had xx

MrsP2C
31-10-2014, 12:17 AM
I've stopped dreading Monday's & found renewed enthusiasm for cm since I dropped 1 day completely. I work 7:30-6pm the other days & am full so it's still tiring but having time alone with my DC & the 6 hours they're at school to myself has made a massive difference to my work/life balance.

ziggy
31-10-2014, 07:55 AM
Good luck ziggy. You always know when Its time for a change and the minute I feel like that I will definitely look at doing something else. Howl long have you been childminding x

I have been childminding here for nearly 11years, I worked in schools and nurseries in England

ziggy
31-10-2014, 07:56 AM
hi sounds like a good plan to me , I only have a child one day a week at moment so thinking of getting something else as well do you need to work nights and weekends as a carer?

sorry to confuse, I am working as a home carer with a family. Mummy has health issues and daddy works away all week, so I am doing 20hrs at their house

toddlers896
31-10-2014, 05:37 PM
Ime saying your words today ziggy

Had enough - Ime just glad it's Friday and will soon we wine time lol xx