PDA

View Full Version : Under fives in school hols??

littleDs31
28-10-2014, 02:24 PM
Hi, does anyone know off the top of your heads, before I read through the new EYFS, what paperwork is required for a three year old who is attending one day a wk through school holidays only?? Please don't tell me we have to do obs, planning, assessment etc :((

Chatterbox Childcare
28-10-2014, 02:27 PM
It is hard because they are only with you one day a week and their interests would change from week to week. I would do on the spot assessments and put photo's in a file linking them.

If a child was only coming in the school hols them their starting points would be so random.

Simona
29-10-2014, 08:33 AM
Hi, does anyone know off the top of your heads, before I read through the new EYFS, what paperwork is required for a three year old who is attending one day a wk through school holidays only?? Please don't tell me we have to do obs, planning, assessment etc :((

I would ask the parents to share info with any other provider...if the child goes somewhere else there must be info you could look at but you will need to show something as required in EYFS...not just the 2014 version but also the 2012 and previous one.

A simple book with photos may well suffice but keep in mind this child is 3 so under EYFS
Good luck