PDA

View Full Version : parents maternity

Karen1
27-10-2014, 06:01 PM
Hi

Question.

Mum has kept her son with me for two half days whilst she has been on maternity and I have asked her before about what her plans were regarding the new LO. her reply was that her work didn't want her to do part time with her first child, which is why she went back full time, she said she will apply for part time again knowing they will refuse and then look for a new job. the LO will be nine months in April when she plans to go back? but will she have a job then or just know where she stands with her current work. I really don't know how to broach the subject again, without looking like im pushing the issue. When do you all think would be reasonable to be asking again? surely she should be getting organised herself about her return to work Normally im easy going and am happy to leave things like this, but

thing is, my full timer is leaving on Friday and I need to replace him, enquiries have been far and few between. Had an enquiry today for April 2015, a 7 month old. All good, except if my old mum says she wants me to care for her youngest- how can i do the school run with all these kids! lol-

which would mean from April

2yr5mth old, (t)
17month old (l)

collect from School- 5 year old (l) , 6 year old and 7 year old

That's all fine, normally do double pram and rest walk.

but then add in- sibling (10 months old) and new business (7 month old)

Is this physically possible? This combination wouldn't be everyday, possibly one/two days a week-??

any ideas, as really don't want to turn this new business away as its term time only, and hours would suit me. But the mum on maternity was my first ever mindee and he is a delight to have and don't want to lose them either!

But its not until April and really need to fill the space now!

what to do.
any ideas or thoughts of what you would do. tia

FussyElmo
27-10-2014, 06:13 PM
Hi

Question.

Mum has kept her son with me for two half days whilst she has been on maternity and I have asked her before about what her plans were regarding the new LO. her reply was that her work didn't want her to do part time with her first child, which is why she went back full time, she said she will apply for part time again knowing they will refuse and then look for a new job. the LO will be nine months in April when she plans to go back? but will she have a job then or just know where she stands with her current work. I really don't know how to broach the subject again, without looking like im pushing the issue. When do you all think would be reasonable to be asking again? surely she should be getting organised herself about her return to work Normally im easy going and am happy to leave things like this, but

thing is, my full timer is leaving on Friday and I need to replace him, enquiries have been far and few between. Had an enquiry today for April 2015, a 7 month old. All good, except if my old mum says she wants me to care for her youngest- how can i do the school run with all these kids! lol-

which would mean from April

2yr5mth old, (t)
17month old (l)

collect from School- 5 year old (l) , 6 year old and 7 year old

That's all fine, normally do double pram and rest walk.

but then add in- sibling (10 months old) and new business (7 month old)

Is this physically possible? This combination wouldn't be everyday, possibly one/two days a week-??

any ideas, as really don't want to turn this new business away as its term time only, and hours would suit me. But the mum on maternity was my first ever mindee and he is a delight to have and don't want to lose them either!

But its not until April and really need to fill the space now!

what to do.
any ideas or thoughts of what you would do. tia

That would mean 7 under 8 so its a no you cant ever go over 6 under 8's

Karen1
27-10-2014, 06:21 PM
Omg. I completely forgot that rule! Thank you for reminding me. Ah will need to say no to the new business lady then and will have to chase maternity mum.
Thank you fussy elmo

smurfette
27-10-2014, 09:43 PM
I would say it is too far in advance ..
Tell new mum you may have a space coming up but won't know until nearer the time..
Take her number and either get back to her when you know or ask her to come back to you maybe jan/feb
You could take a retainer if u decided to go with this lady ... But things can change and it may no longer fit meaning you can't honour the space .. Did It once before and it was a disaster! Hopefully something better will
Come along soon xx