PDA

View Full Version : Black kids paint on cream carpets...

samb
25-10-2014, 04:51 PM
Help! My own kids were clearing up from painting and have dripped splodges of black paint across my living room carpet that is cream! I have blotted it which made it spread and sprayed rug doctor spot cleaner on it, left it and rubbed, sprayed more and have left it again... Anything else I can do?!

clareelizabeth1
25-10-2014, 05:24 PM
I have always found vanish carpet stain remover good

Sounds like you should pray though

blue bear
25-10-2014, 06:35 PM
Is it elc paint. When I spilt mine I used washing up liquid solution, initially it made it worse, spread even further but did wash completely out with lots of scrubbing, rinsing, scrub again....

samb
25-10-2014, 08:55 PM
Looks like someone's walked across the room in dirty shoes :-/

No it's paint from hobby craft - little tiny pots joined together to use on all surfaces- they were decorating coasters. Oh dear. I will have to keep trying with different things!

miffy
25-10-2014, 09:22 PM
Anything on the container or the manufacturer's website to say how best to remove it?

Miffy xx

HTSMumma
26-10-2014, 05:09 AM
Saturate the marks ASAP. Use warm/hot water with vanish, washing liquid or powder, a tiny spot of bleach into the solution and then call a professional carpet cleaner to come out ASAP.

I keep saying ASAP because the sooner you act the better chance you have of getting rid of the stains for good.

The above advice was given to me by our regular carpet cleaner.

samb
26-10-2014, 12:12 PM
http://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/hobbycraft-acrylic-paint-with-brush-winter-6-pieces/562701-1005#product_description-tab
It's these paints so no instruction etc. looks bad still, going to hire a rug doctor :-/

blue bear
26-10-2014, 12:39 PM
How to Get Acrylic Paint off Carpet: 8 Steps (with Pictures) (http://m.wikihow.com/Get-Acrylic-Paint-off-Carpet)

Try this

samb
11-11-2014, 06:44 PM
Thanks all- tried most things but still there and ended up paying to get it professionally cleaned :-/