PDA

View Full Version : Childcare tax credit refund

Happiness
24-10-2014, 11:54 AM
Hi everyone.
We are closed today as my little one is not well. One of my parents claims childcare tax credits (the whole 70% ). Who/ how do I pay the money I owe for today? Shall I just pay it to the parents personal account? I haven't spoken to her yet but she has already messaged me her bank details.

Kiddleywinks
24-10-2014, 12:08 PM
I normally knock it off the next bill amount - don't think I've ever had a parent want me to pay them immediately in cash....

Edited to add
You pay the parent, as they pay you.
Doesn't matter where their money comes from so no need to worry. Tax credits are only concerned about changes over or under £10 a week for more than 4 weeks

loocyloo
24-10-2014, 12:17 PM
I normally knock it off the next bill amount - don't think I've ever had a parent want me to pay them immediately in cash....

Same here.
It is up to the parents to contact tax credit people, but to be honest, I don't think they will be that fussed about one day.
Hope your little one gets better soon.

Simona
24-10-2014, 12:28 PM
Hi everyone.
We are closed today as my little one is not well. One of my parents claims childcare tax credits (the whole 70% ). Who/ how do I pay the money I owe for today? Shall I just pay it to the parents personal account? I haven't spoken to her yet but she has already messaged me her bank details.

I have never heard of providers getting involved in repaying tax credits?
Follow your contract...what have you agreed when you have to close for unexpected reasons?

If the agreement is to refund the daily fee then pay back for the day or take it out of next month's bill...unless you can offer an alternative day to make up the lost day?

Good luck

Happiness
24-10-2014, 12:34 PM
Thank you for your replies. Unfortunately this child is not coming back anymore as I was only helping out with school pick ups this month. I didn't bother asking for a deposit ( I always do ) this time as it wasn't worth it. I will just pay the money into the parent account and it's done :)