PDA

View Full Version : Taking a risk!!

Blueeyedminder
22-10-2014, 06:02 AM
Morning ladies!!

I've been thinking for a while and I've finally decided to pack up and move to a new area and give up child minding. I'm finding being self employed so stressful and difficult to live off the wage. I'm really excited but obviously terrified! (I'm only 23) I'm just after some advise really. Do you think I could get a job in a nursery or as a teaching assistant ( I have level 3)??

Thanks x

QualityCare
22-10-2014, 07:17 AM
Are you moving to a specific area research schools and nurseries in that and the surrounding (depending on how far you can travel) area start searching and applying for jobs a couple of months before you move l am sure you will find something schools are always taking on support staff and with a level 3, understanding the EYFS and childminding experience you have a headstart over some applicants. Good luck let us know how you get on.

tulip0803
22-10-2014, 07:41 AM
You should have no problem but if you are staying in Wales brush up on the Foundation Phase before applications/interviews. As Qualitycare says if you are moving to England learn about EYFS. The Foundation Phase is based on small groups so there should be jobs available in schools and nurseries - however in schools in this area they are on 1 year contracts which are renewed or not each year so not exactly secure:(

Blueeyedminder
22-10-2014, 07:59 AM
Thanks for the advise lady, I'm moving from Anglesey to the Chester area maybe Liverpool or somewhere inbetween! Very exciting!! x

Ripeberry
22-10-2014, 07:59 AM
You are still young. The world is your oyster. When I give up CM I'll be almost 50! Less opportunities for me, even with qualifications :(

Hope you find what you are looking for :thumbsup:

KateA
22-10-2014, 05:55 PM
Good luck I too am hoping my level 3 ta quals and childminding experience will help me get either ta job or work in children's centre :-)