PDA

View Full Version : Enquiry for April

zanacal
20-10-2014, 06:42 PM
I need to phone a lady back regarding an enquiry about a space for her baby when she goes back to work in April. How would you deal with an enquiry for 6 months time? I have spaces now but obviously cannot hold one open for 6 months. I'm not in the position to be turning business away though, so I don't want to put her off. I guess I'll ask her to come and have a look around and then discuss options if she wants to use me (no use thinking too hard if she doesn't!) but it would be good to have those options in mind!

moggy
20-10-2014, 07:25 PM
I need to phone a lady back regarding an enquiry about a space for her baby when she goes back to work in April. How would you deal with an enquiry for 6 months time? I have spaces now but obviously cannot hold one open for 6 months. I'm not in the position to be turning business away though, so I don't want to put her off. I guess I'll ask her to come and have a look around and then discuss options if she wants to use me (no use thinking too hard if she doesn't!) but it would be good to have those options in mind!

Well, it is a retainer and you keep the space open for them (but can you accept 50% pay for so long and are they able/willing to pay that? Check your contracts for exact details and small print)
or they call you back nearer the time and take their chances.

I have had many such enquiry, even for 10+ months in the future. I just say they are welcome to see me, I will keep their details in case something changes, but basically they need to come back closer to the start date (about 3mths I say).

Some parents are just paranoid about finding care. Also, if they are considering nurseries it is the case that they need to be getting on nursery waiting list as nurseries can predict future places. We can't so we are different, but parents don't realise that.

greanan
20-10-2014, 08:07 PM
Last October I was asked about a full time space for baby for this September (mum was only about. 4 months pregnant!!). I knew I would have a space and knew the mum would def be going back to work so kept since for them. I turned away a few part timers but thought I'd rather wait the few months fur full time. Mum ended up going back a bit earlier and all has been great x

zanacal
20-10-2014, 08:15 PM
I have in my Fees Policy that I'll charge a 50% retainer to keep a place open for up to 3 months, but in reality I don't think anybody would pay that! Maybe I'll ask her to come and see me and, if she's interested, to get back in touch after Christmas? I do have an assistant in mind for the future if I get busy, so that is a possible option.