PDA

View Full Version : Unacceptable Behaviour

Nicky.
20-10-2014, 11:35 AM
I would just like to know other peoples views on this please:- this morning one of the mindees was very rude about a deceased member of my family, his sister then added to it by calling my son rude names because he was upset, i spoke to the mindee but he was completely un remoresefull he seems to see no wrong in his behaviour, i feel i have no option but to tell the mother and put it in writing that if anything like this happens again i will have no choice but to terminate the contract. They have been with me for two years and their behavour is dreadfull with no sign of things ever improving, besides upsetting me, my first duty of care is to my children and when they are getting upset and not feeling settled in their own home surley thats not right?

tess1981
20-10-2014, 11:45 AM
Sometimes certain children do not fit in your family and you will need to put your children first to continue in this job. Do what you feel is best and good luck x

Koala
20-10-2014, 12:41 PM
If this was to happen in my house, the parents would be called straight away to collect their child and asked not to return. I except that Children can be mistakenly hurtful at times with what they say but to be intentionally hurtful is unforgivable and needs addressing. Only you know the children concerned and only you can establish whether you want to provide care for them and whether they will adversely effect your own children, from what you say - I don't think I would want them at my house.

I would not permit any child or parent to be disrespectful of ANYONE within my setting and most definitely not my Children. I think you are right to expect visitors/customers whatever you wish to call them to be at the very minimum courteous and respectful - And if they are not maybe they should stay at home!

Ripeberry
20-10-2014, 12:55 PM
What on earth started this all off? Kids can be cruel and heartless sometimes. If these kids are over 8 years old I would terminate contract as they should know better! :censored:

Nicky.
20-10-2014, 01:25 PM
What on earth started this all off?

It started because my son showed them an old radio that had been left to him by his Grandma, ive typed up a 'warning' that if this happens again im not looking after them i feel like just saying enoughs enough but want to be fair and give a chance. saying that in 2 years you would have think they would know what is and isnt acceptable.

KateA
20-10-2014, 01:50 PM
Hi, wow what rude children how old are they? I am sorry but I am with Koala on this one I would have phoned parents to collect ASAP and terminated contract then and there no disrespects me or my family its unacceptable, thin k I will even add to my behavioural policy now I think about it.

Mouse
20-10-2014, 03:11 PM
What on earth started this all off?

It started because my son showed them an old radio that had been left to him by his Grandma, ive typed up a 'warning' that if this happens again im not looking after them i feel like just saying enoughs enough but want to be fair and give a chance. saying that in 2 years you would have think they would know what is and isnt acceptable.

You have been very fair in giving a warning. I would now make sure you follow it through and at the first sign of trouble give notice.

skatie
21-10-2014, 01:16 PM
That is so hurtful of those children to make fun of someone who has passed away and was a close member of the family but then for the girl to tease your son even further is just shocking! Don't know how you kept it together.