PDA

View Full Version : Few enquiries

helendee
18-10-2014, 06:51 PM
I have been childminding for over twenty years and I have never gone through such a period of few enquiries, I don't think I have had more than a handful all year.

Is anyone else experiencing the same?

loocyloo
18-10-2014, 07:12 PM
I have very few enquiries but luckily am generally getting enough to fill the spaces I have as they occur. Probably due to the fact that there are very few minders where I am.
Hope you get some soon xxx

helendee
18-10-2014, 07:26 PM
Thanks Loocy, I'm glad you're doing ok. I don't enjoy this uncertainty I must admit xx

loocyloo
18-10-2014, 07:44 PM
Every time I have a vacancy looming I do worry as I haven't had any enquiries that could fill it, but luckily as I currently seem to have lots of notice I am able to fill spaces.

Chatterbox Childcare
18-10-2014, 08:10 PM
It is manic here in Swindon but mostly because of the 2 3 and 4 year old funding. Contact your council and see how they can help

Kiddleywinks
18-10-2014, 09:52 PM
Every time I have a vacancy looming I do worry as I haven't had any enquiries that could fill it, but luckily as I currently seem to have lots of notice I am able to fill spaces.

I've been lucky like that too thankfully.
Had very few enquiries this year, especially on the run up to the school holidays when I was due to lose 2 families, then bam!, managed to replace before the start of September - phew!

When I know I have spaces coming up I re check my FIS listing and update it, and the same with childcare.co.uk. Touch wood, neither have let me down yet

tulip0803
18-10-2014, 11:39 PM
I have had a few really quiet years until this year and it has gone manic (only had 4 children on my books). I have taken on 10 children since this time last year, 4 schoolies and 6 LOs. I now have spaces for LOs on 3 days again but am not advertising until the new year as it is nice to have some quieter days. (I have taken on 2 temp children for a couple of hours on a Monday term-time for a while though). By next September I will have had 4 start school so will have spaces available all week but have had 2 mums come up to me to ask about spaces for babies that are not conceived!

My CM friend in the same village has 6 of her Mums on maternity leave (one is registering to be a childminder)

JCrakers
20-10-2014, 10:13 AM
I did have a lull about 3yrs ago and didn't have a phonecall for about 2yrs. Just had 1 EY child and 4 schoolies

Now I'm full and have phonecalls every month and i'm having to turn people away. Its very up and down isn't it

Daisy1956
20-10-2014, 12:07 PM
Same here last year was very quiet but the last six months had been very busy. Mostly part time takes a bit of organising but ok . I hope it picks up for you soon.

teacake2
20-10-2014, 12:32 PM
Really bad round here, only enquiries I have had in the last few months have been before and after school about 5 miles away and as I have no transport a bit of a problem, and it says in my profile every where that I do not do school runs because of this:(:(:(
Teacake2