PDA

View Full Version : DO WE HAVE TO HAVE A SPECIAL HOME INSURANCE POLICY?

bigfuntime
17-10-2014, 03:05 PM
(sorry for capitals!)

I wasn't aware we had to have special home insurance, is it a requirement or is it just a choice some childminders make?

Is it a particular 'childminders policy' or do you just have to tell your current insurers that your occupation is now childminder?

Thanks

funemnx
17-10-2014, 03:22 PM
I've got a policy with Sainsbury's which covers me as a childminder. You could ask your current provider but they might tell you that you aren't covered for work-related damage....

QualityCare
17-10-2014, 04:16 PM
I have found that once you mention you are childminder alot of companies will not cover you for accidental damage to your belongings companies like PACEY and Morton Michel offer cover through companies that will as funemnx says there are some that will l would shop around for the best price l have found Morton Michel to be cheapest and double check they will cover you for accidental damage before accepting.

natlou82
17-10-2014, 06:28 PM
I went through Pacey and got a really comprehensive cover and it was a reasonable price. When I spoke to my previous insurer they said I wasn't covered and wanted to charge me £900 for the year for a policy that would - ridiculous!

bigfuntime
18-10-2014, 02:48 PM
Thanks everyone.

tulip0803
18-10-2014, 03:32 PM
Churchill and direct line are happy to cover childminding fully and provide accidental cover