PDA

View Full Version : Leaflet drop

Jules27
30-07-2008, 01:02 PM
Hi just wondered if anyone has ever done a leaflet drop to generate enquiries??? hubby has just done me a load (600 to be exact... printed at work to save our ink and paper:laughing: ) Really should go out and deliver some but suddenly really nervous about putting them through peoples doors!!!! what if someone shouts at me???? sounds daft I know!

Julesxx

jaz
30-07-2008, 01:03 PM
Give it a go, you have nothing to lose.

Good luck and let us know if you get any responses

J
x

sue m
30-07-2008, 01:14 PM
I appreciate any leaflets coming through my door that's a service I might need, I always keep the ones I think I might, it's the crap from the local take aways and the charity bags that aren't really for charity that gets on my nerves. Go for it!

Saz
30-07-2008, 01:20 PM
Its worth a few hours of your time. Rope DH in to help deliver them.

Good luck.

Pudding Girl
30-07-2008, 01:37 PM
I used to do this with Avon, and it's really hit and miss as to wether you get any calls, but if it's a nice day and you have some help it doesn't take long, and you never know how long people will hold onto your advert for, if they'll pass it on etc - nice and cheap way of advertising :)

Bushpig
30-07-2008, 01:39 PM
I made colourful postcard type adverts and dropped them into doors... so many doors in my area have no junk mail though! I did not get any response from that at all. I think different areas might be different though. Am interested to see the response you get, I hope it's fruitful! :)

NAOMIM221
30-07-2008, 01:47 PM
Its def worth it, this is what I did round by me and I got quite a good response, the only thing I would say is to be careful when you post them through the letter box. As the one time I did it I got a very nasty bite on my finger from a dog. Hopefully this doesn't put you off, the next time I posted after this happened I got the shakes at the one door when I heard the dog bark.

Naomi

PaulaR
30-07-2008, 01:52 PM
You might be better targeting business's. People who work need childminders. In fact I might even do that myself.

butterfly
30-07-2008, 02:29 PM
i think it's always worth a try! i've done abit round me and haven't had any enquiries but when i've mentioned i'm a childminder to people they always say 'oh yeah i got your leaflet' then they can match the advertising to the face! you never know who you'll get and people who might not have previousl thought about a minder may stop and think!

Tatia
30-07-2008, 04:00 PM
I may do that some time this week, actually. Need to tweak my flyers and then have my husband print them off for me (I agree if they can be done at work, all the better!). I can have my 13 yo help out!

Monkey1
30-07-2008, 04:05 PM
Let us know how you go with it babe.

Jules27
30-07-2008, 04:50 PM
well... been out and delivered a few... not many coz sooooo hot!!! my 5 yr old enjoyed posting them!!!!! intending to do a few more tomorrow and friday.... wasn't so bad afterall, no one shouted at me and no dog bites:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: fingers crossed for a result as i live in a village and am leafleting the surrounding villages. The reason for going into childminding was because couln't find a minder locally with vacancies that suited!!!

scottie
30-07-2008, 06:34 PM
hope it brings results:thumbsup:

LisaH
30-07-2008, 08:28 PM
I have also done leaflet drops in the past and you could ask local shops etc if you can put one up there. I have had mine in 3 food shops, the local chippy/takeaway and a hairdressers!!! Lol

It may not generate any work but is worth a try and you feel better for making that extra effort to promote your business.

Good luck with it. xx:)

angeldelight
30-07-2008, 09:21 PM
Hope you get some calls from it

Angel xx

mayberry
31-07-2008, 05:52 AM
Most people will wish you luck; you have nothing to loss but a lot to gain, go for it
Good luck :)

Dawn xxx)

Mollymop
31-07-2008, 07:26 AM
Good luck, I hope you get some customers from all your hard work.
I have done a leaflet drop before but I managed to do a few roads, and I was nervous about dropping them through people letterboxes as well.

Jules27
31-07-2008, 12:09 PM
yippeee!!! Just had a phone call from lady who recieved my leaflet through her door yesterday!!:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: She is coming round tomorrow morning!!!!!!!:laughing:

Bushpig
31-07-2008, 12:21 PM
yippeee!!! Just had a phone call from lady who recieved my leaflet through her door yesterday!!:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: She is coming round tomorrow morning!!!!!!!:laughing:

Oh wow!!!!!!!!! Fabulous!!!! :clapping: :laughing: :clapping: :laughing:
Let us know how it goes!

Pudding Girl
31-07-2008, 12:22 PM
Wohooo!!!

i really must get off my butt and do this :rolleyes:

Monkey1
31-07-2008, 12:29 PM
Fantastic! Bet your glad you did it now aren't you!

mum22
31-07-2008, 12:30 PM
Fantastic well done you.

littletreasures
31-07-2008, 12:34 PM
Fantastic.

Hope it works out for you.

mayberry
31-07-2008, 03:54 PM

Amazing quick well done :clapping:

Dawn xxx

DiverBabe
31-07-2008, 04:21 PM
;) Well done - good luck with the visit

devoncm
31-07-2008, 04:36 PM
well done you.

Im doing leaflets to take to a local shop that sells just wooden toys- a friend of mine went in and brought something and asked if i could put my leaflets on the desk, the lady said she would be happy to do that, hopefully ill get enquiries that way.

miffy
31-07-2008, 04:45 PM

Great news - well done

How did you get on?

Did she come round?

Miffy xx

butterfly
31-07-2008, 07:57 PM
hope it went well!!