PDA

View Full Version : a reminder to parents about sickness (is this ok)

toddlers896
14-10-2014, 05:57 PM
I am planning to send a message to all parents through my private facebook page about sickness. This is not a policy, its just a reminder. Parents don't take it serious enough but I am determined that this year I am not taking any crap. Does this sound ok or is it a bit harsh. Thanks

It’s that time again – Yes winter is here and it’s the season for all those colds and flu to come out. I will do all I can to reduce the risk of the spread of infection within my childcare setting. Children will wash their hands regularly, particularly after going to the toilet, when blowing their noses and before handling food. All children use disposable paper towels to dry their hands and all our resources and toys are cleaned regularly.
From time to time children are sick (vomit). Unfortunately it is not possible to distinguish between the causes; therefore all children will be excluded for 48hrs. I appreciate that this is not always convenient but it is vital that I follow the advice given to me by the Health Protection Agency and protect the other children and adults in my setting. Illnesses of this nature can be very contagious and it is exceedingly unfair to expose other people to the risk of an infection.
As always I am more than happy to have children attend my setting who have minor coughs and colds but children who are very unwell or infectious must stay at home until they have fully recovered. If a child becomes ill during the day and is not well enough to participate in our daily routine I will call you and ask that you collect your child.
Thank you for your support with this matter. I can’t express enough about the importance of reducing the spread of infection to other children and adults in my setting.

My Sickness policy is in the files section above and more information can be found on the following website:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/353953/Guidance_on_infection_control_in_schools_11_Sept.p df

Mouse
14-10-2014, 06:55 PM
I think that sounds very good. It's well written, to the point, firm, but still polite.

I might even pinch it for my newsletter :thumbsup:

bunyip
14-10-2014, 07:34 PM
Sounds a bit on the 'soft' side to me. :rolleyes:

No, really, it's excellent. :thumbsup:

Good luck with the nose-blowing. Mine think that's what their sleeves are for. :p

This is one of those areas where it's worth remembering that some clients are like computers: you really need to punch the information into them. :D

toddlers896
14-10-2014, 07:57 PM
Sounds a bit on the 'soft' side to me. :rolleyes:

No, really, it's excellent. :thumbsup:

Good luck with the nose-blowing. Mine think that's what their sleeves are for. :p

This is one of those areas where it's worth remembering that some clients are like computers: you really need to punch the information into them. :D

ha ha mine don't even use their sleeves. mine are at the picking nose and eating it stage yuk x

toddlers896
14-10-2014, 08:01 PM
I sent a child home yesterday for vomiting and her mum was really good about it. I feel very guilty posting this reminder now as she will think that its aimed at her but its not. its just to remind everybody in general as it was a nightmare last year and I do know that one parent in particular will send her children no matter what and ime not having it this year. I need to stop worrying about what people think though and put my business head on which is what I have done x

natlou82
14-10-2014, 09:44 PM
It's brilliant, firm but very fair.

KateA
14-10-2014, 10:04 PM
Sounds good to me I am thinking of sending something similar out x

watgem
15-10-2014, 06:47 AM
I put a reminder on my newsletter last week but think I should borrow this one please its much better :)

Simona
15-10-2014, 07:55 AM
Excellent reminder.
I would also add a link to the poster produced by Public Health England ...but as I am not on FB the alternative would be to stick the poster on the front door each morning so parents cannot avoid the message?

Happiness
15-10-2014, 09:24 PM
Ohh I love that :clapping::thumbsup:

ziggy
16-10-2014, 11:13 AM
excellent, going to include similar in my next newsletter

skyblue
16-10-2014, 04:16 PM
That sounds really good. I've been thinking of doing something similar.