PDA

View Full Version : Tired after schoolies

natlou82
10-10-2014, 07:15 PM
Just after some advice, I have a few after schoolies, and of course some of them are quite lively and need to let off steam but others are very tired and want to relax and chill out. My question is what do you guys offer for the children who wish to chill out?

clareelizabeth1
10-10-2014, 09:36 PM
When I had them I used to let them chill in front of the TV. Always had some colouring out or some sort of easy craft. They often found Hama beads relaxing.

They also loved taking the pillows and sitting in front of the book shelf and reading all the books.

If the needed to let off steam I chucked them outside but I have the luxury of garden being attached to playroom.

natlou82
10-10-2014, 09:57 PM
Thank you, your set up sounds similar to mine as I have a playroom that leads onto the garden. I always planned to use my lounge as a chill out/ quiet/ homework area although it frequently becomes a second playroom lol! I like the cushion idea with the books. I'm so torn with the TV as I don't usually have it on but when they are tired I think it's good to offer the option.