PDA

View Full Version : OMG - MM Insurance has gone up a bit

Chatterbox Childcare
09-10-2014, 03:30 PM
Just had my husbands renewal though for insurance and his is £50.00. I did mine last week with Pacey and it was £29.46, bit of a difference :)

Seriously rethinking now

Mouse
09-10-2014, 03:39 PM
That is a big difference. Has it gone up a lot from last year?

Can you do Pacey insurance without having to take the membership then?

JCrakers
09-10-2014, 03:57 PM
MM used to be £41 in 2007...its gone up and up each year and is now £50.

I just renewed mine

hectors house
09-10-2014, 04:06 PM
Didn't think you could get the PACEY insurance unless you paid for membership too - or have they changed that?

Think I paid £48 or £49 for my MM insurance earlier this year - I remember when I first started child minding the MM insurance was about £20 but that was 1989! Actually that's not true when I first started in 1989 our insurance was through MM but paid for by the Local Authority! It was when they stopped paying for it in about 1992 it cost £20. But there again my fees have gone up from £1 an hour back then to £4 an hour now - so MM still good value in my book.

AliceK
09-10-2014, 04:25 PM
Yes I renewed mine with them this week £50. At less than £1 per week though I don't mind too much.

xxx

Mouse
09-10-2014, 04:46 PM
I renewed mine in August with MM. It had gone up from £45 to £50. I only know this as I've just looked at my receipts! To be honest, I just paid it in August without checking to see how much it was compared to last year.

I did look at Pacey, but at the time it was £98 for membership & insurance and I didn't see a cost for insurance only.

I don't think you can really compare the two. Pacey may have cheaper insurance, but if you have to take membership. MM is more expensive for insurance, but that is all you need to take, so works out cheaper overall. It's down to personal choice - do you want membership of an organisation or not?

Lal
09-10-2014, 05:05 PM
I used to pay at least £60 to MM for nanny insurance, so thought £50 was a good price :)

Chatterbox Childcare
09-10-2014, 08:50 PM
I am paying £75.50 for membership and insurance this year (I think when you first register there is a £15 joining fee) so I don't mind so much as I get a lot from the membership whereas my DH does not. Was really shocked though at the cost, it will be double soon):

Simona
09-10-2014, 09:09 PM
3 of the main CMs' associations...apart from UKCMA who use MM.... charge under £30 for PLI
The package includes m'ship on top which offers free online training worth a bit of money and representation....MM do not offer that because they are just brokers

So MM is very expensive as they do not offer additional benefits or speak or lobby on CMs' behalf
Does MM's PLI offer any extra compared to the other 3 associations?...PLI is roughly the same and insured via RSA with the other 3.

It is our choice really but we need to look at what is on offer

sarah707
11-10-2014, 08:29 PM
Yes absolutely delighted that MM have added an extra layer of cover to support us all ... and for only £5 extra a year :clapping:

I've twittered on about it in this thread :D

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/morton-michel-insurance/130218-morton-michel-%96-enhanced-legal-expenses-cover.html

Simona
13-10-2014, 08:11 AM
I have just checked my PLI...which has been with Royal Sun Alliance for many years and always under £30

This year it was £2 cheaper than last year for the same benefits

MM is on average £20 more expensive that the PLI we can buy via pacey ...PLA... or the Independent Cms Social Enterprise for very much the same benefits

MM are not a charity but a broker and therefore expensive but they also are more expensive than Bluefin who insure cms...worth trying them
I have for years contacted MM ...not just for PLI...but car and household to compare...they have always been more expensive

As we are independent we choose who we feel is best for us and offers the best deal for our circumstances :thumbsup: