PDA

View Full Version : I got the job!!!!

Rickers83
09-10-2014, 01:30 PM
You may have seen my post about difficult family I have & how I'd had enough....

Well I got the HLTA job I went for!!!!

I'm soooo happy, cant wait to give my notice letter..... Good luck finding someone who will put up with the hasstle & keep the kids when their sick!!!

tulip0803
09-10-2014, 01:33 PM
Congratualtions:clapping::clapping: Enjoy your new job xx

tess1981
09-10-2014, 01:34 PM
Well done. Bet you feel like a weight has been lifted.

JCrakers
09-10-2014, 01:35 PM
Likey Like :clapping:

Well done!!!

I'm still looking online for jobs in Sainsbury's (as far away from children as possible :D)

AliceK
09-10-2014, 01:37 PM
Well Done :clapping:
Bet you can't wait to give them their notice letter lol

xx

Simona
09-10-2014, 01:41 PM
You may have seen my post about difficult family I have & how I'd had enough....

Well I got the HLTA job I went for!!!!

I'm soooo happy, cant wait to give my notice letter..... Good luck finding someone who will put up with the hasstle & keep the kids when their sick!!!

Good result for you!!
sadly my thinking that your family may be on the brink of losing you came true...sad for them

Good luck in your new job! :thumbsup:

loocyloo
09-10-2014, 04:12 PM
:-) fantastic ... well done you.

And enjoy giving notice!

Rickers83
09-10-2014, 05:00 PM
Aaarrrggghhh!

So I told them tonight,

Shes clearly been thinking about notice herself as first thing she says is "well you have to give us 5 weeks because we are in holiday half term"

My job wants me to start in 4 weeks & if it was the other way round I would have just taken the 4 weeks.

She also said my calculation of times being shut was wrong as she counted days I had swapped!!
Really, I offered to swap so she didn't lose a day at work!!

I know shes only doing this to be difficult, & now i have to try to get my new job to agree to an extra week!! :mad:

Jayse74
09-10-2014, 07:13 PM
Also to add! The parent will find it hard to initiate a complaint, fabricated or not!

You will be in a new job. Do you intend to return to minding in the future or is this it and onto pastures new, on and upwards etc?

Big thumbs up though! I wish you bags of luck :D

Ripeberry
09-10-2014, 07:14 PM
Well done! :jump for joy::clapping:

blue bear
09-10-2014, 08:13 PM
Yeah well done :clapping:
Think I'd be giving her a weeks money in lieu of notice just to get rid and start afresh

AliceK
09-10-2014, 09:34 PM
I think I would be sick for the last week and then after telling her I was not working I would tell her I'd refund her last weeks notice. Not really a lot she can do is there :laughing:

xxx

Blueeyedminder
09-10-2014, 09:35 PM
I think I would be sick for the last week and then after telling her I was not working I would tell her I'd refund her last weeks notice. Not really a lot she can do is there :laughing: xxx

I second that!!

AgentTink
10-10-2014, 06:24 AM
I too would be "sick" the last week as once you refund any money that she may have paid for that week there is nothing she can do. I would at this point also say to try to get rid of them quicker (if csn you afford too) that if they find alternate care within the 5 weeks you are happy for them to leave without having to pay the remainder of notice period, with the reason that you understand how important it is to get their child settled into a new environment.

Rickers83
10-10-2014, 07:07 AM
My parents pay in arrears, so how would that work with notice in lieu? Can I just say I will waive payment for the final week in effect saving them money?

Hello you
10-10-2014, 07:33 AM
Hi,
I am happy for you :)
What is your new job? Were you a Childminder or Nanny?
Work with families is something very, very difficult!!!

JCrakers
10-10-2014, 12:23 PM
Some people always have to have the last say don't they...sounds like she didn't like you taking control and just had to get that useful piece of info in.

I would stick with the 4 weeks as your new work may not like it and then you'll be left with nothing. If she kicks up a fuss then I would just give her the money back for a quiet life.

catminder
10-10-2014, 05:31 PM
Aaarrrggghhh!

So I told them tonight,

Shes clearly been thinking about notice herself as first thing she says is "well you have to give us 5 weeks because we are in holiday half term"

My job wants me to start in 4 weeks & if it was the other way round I would have just taken the 4 weeks.

She also said my calculation of times being shut was wrong as she counted days I had swapped!!

I know shes only doing this to be difficult, & now i have to try to get my new job to agree to an extra week!! :mad:

Firstly congratulations on getting your new job :clapping:
But if your notice period is 4 weeks then I would've thought it was 4 weeks from when you gave the notice, whether they have a holiday or not. I'm probably missing something but I certainly wouldn't risk your new job for the sake of having to extend the notice period because of holiday. I too would be 'sick' on that 5th week.
Good Luck!

Koala
12-10-2014, 08:22 AM
Aaarrrggghhh!

So I told them tonight,

I don't agree that you need to give them 5 weeks because they are on holiday in the 4th week, I might have agreed if you gave notice on the week they were due to go on holiday and in effect they could not look for new care until the 2nd week of notice.
Do they usually attend during non term time? or do they only attend term time only?
Are they paying for half term and not attending?
I suppose all these questions are irrelevant really she is obviously obstinate - give her notice today that your fees are increasing to £20 per hour as of when you want to finish due to recent costs (her trying to ruin your career), payments in advance at the beginning of the month in advance. Take it or leave it, they are then either going to have to accept 4 weeks or cough up. Or if your lucky they may just clear off.

I don't envy your situation - it's issues like this from selfish, inconsiderate folk that make a good job really very difficult and why the industry looses good childminders. :censored:

Play her at her own game - I might be inclined to be ill - unprofessional I know but when your treated like cra :censored: p , cra :censored: p is what they get.

Hello you
12-10-2014, 01:04 PM
Hi,
This is a typical families behavior!!!
Always being wicked and unprofessional, with the carers,
they think the world turns around them.
Terrible :(

Firstly congratulations on getting your new job :clapping:
But if your notice period is 4 weeks then I would've thought it was 4 weeks from when you gave the notice, whether they have a holiday or not. I'm probably missing something but I certainly wouldn't risk your new job for the sake of having to extend the notice period because of holiday. I too would be 'sick' on that 5th week.
Good Luck!

toddlers896
12-10-2014, 03:02 PM
I agree with everybody else. Finish in four weeks or earlier if you can afford it. Don't let her dictate what you do and don't jeopardise your new job for the sake of her. Very pleased for you. well done and good luck in your new job xx