PDA

View Full Version : School inset days

Snowwhite
06-10-2014, 01:55 PM
I had a new child started with me recently and he is contracted term term time only so i reduce the fee to half during each school holiday. There is an inset day coming up on a day where i should have him as normal, and mum and i discussed this when we filled out the contract and mum said that nan would have the little boy on that day,so i straightaway said ok i will reduce the fee to half for that day. Now i am wondering if i should have said ok but it's still full fee as it is not classed as a school holiday. (Although i will stick with half fee for this mum as i have already said it) Child is contracted from 11.30 through till 5.30.
Do you all charge normal fee for an inset day if its a day that you are meant to have that child but instead someone else is looking after them for that day or reduce the fee? Some parents will take the day off work so as to not pay any extra additional hours if perhaps you are usually contracted from 11.30.I guess the same question applies to a school strike
Thanks

Mouse
06-10-2014, 02:30 PM
For my term time only contracts I am very clear that school holidays (when I don't charge) are as set out by the local authority. I print out a list of term dates and attach it to the contract.

So, if a child has an extra day off for inset day, strike day etc, it counts as term time and is charged as normal. If the child doesn't come to me for the day I charge the normal rate. If they come for a full day when they normally only do shorter hours, I charge for a full day.

Snowwhite
06-10-2014, 03:15 PM
Nice and clear Mouse! Thanks

Mummits
06-10-2014, 07:20 PM
My "term time" excludes inset days as it's defined as the pupil days for the local school. If a parent wanted care on an inset day they would therefore have to pay for it as an extra day, just as they would if they wanted an extra day in the holidays. I don't charge a retainer though.