PDA

View Full Version : Help! Will get inspection this Thursday.

motheroftwo6
05-10-2014, 08:38 PM
I will be inspected the coming Thursday, I am wondering what insurance I have to have in place can show to the inspector. I have motor insurance, home insurance, and emplyers liability insruance. Do I have to upgrade my motor insurance and home insurance to business level now? Thanks a lot in advance.

Simona
06-10-2014, 07:24 AM
I will be inspected the coming Thursday, I am wondering what insurance I have to have in place can show to the inspector. I have motor insurance, home insurance, and emplyers liability insruance. Do I have to upgrade my motor insurance and home insurance to business level now? Thanks a lot in advance.

Is this your 1st inspection as you state precisely the day the inspector will come.... or a cycle one?
It would be helpful to read the EYFS and section by section it will guide you on what you require...the new version is EYFS 2014 and can be found on the foundation Years website...Ofsted have also updated several factsheets...worth looking at those as well

Good luck

moggy
06-10-2014, 12:21 PM
As Simona says, it depends what this is:

Pre-Reg visit by inspector- to see if you can be registered? If so then you do not need any insurance in place as you might not get registered. Just be able to talk about what you will do- public liability insurance etc. You can get quotes and be ready to purchase a soon as you get the go ahead from Ofsted to say you will be registered.

First graded inspection- Are you working as a registered childminder? Then you should already have Public Liability Insurance, and Employers Liability Insurance only if you employ staff such as an assistant.
If you use a car then business/childminder use is needed.
House insurance- it is up to you how you insure your house but if you want to make a claim for something linked to damage due to childminding or a mindee you will have to have had that covered by your insurance. I don't think Ofsted are interested in house insurance- it is just to help you in case of damage to you property.