PDA

View Full Version : Nearly had heart attack

hectors house
02-10-2014, 02:52 PM
Just sat here on my day off updating my SEF and the phone rang - display said 03001231231 - didn't need to look it up, I knew that it was Ofsted - thought I was going to have heart attack, couldn't breathe and heart doing somersaults -decided not to answer phone and it went to answer phone and she started leaving message saying it was Ofsted calling about my e-mail last week about my daughter moving out, that she would still be registered as my assistant but could I phone back with her new address - quickly snatched up the phone and spoke to her saying that I couldn't get to the phone fast enough and gave her new details. And breathe!

zanacal
02-10-2014, 03:31 PM
I also had a heart attack reading your post as I realised I had ignored a call from an 0300 call last week (I'm new to this, don't know the number yet!). It wasn't this number though - do they use others?!

loocyloo
02-10-2014, 04:28 PM
Phew!
Scary though! I too would have let it go to ansaphone!

Most of the time ofsted have rung, it has come from the 0300 number, but if I remember correctly ( and it was 6 yrs ago ) the last inspector rang from a withheld number.

Rubybubbles
02-10-2014, 05:11 PM
Worse when the call is from the blood bank as the number almost the same lol!!

Maza
02-10-2014, 06:34 PM
Do you think they know the stress it causes us when hey phone? Oh, I dread the day. x

hectors house
03-10-2014, 07:28 AM
Phew!
Scary though! I too would have let it go to ansaphone!

Most of the time ofsted have rung, it has come from the 0300 number, but if I remember correctly ( and it was 6 yrs ago ) the last inspector rang from a withheld number.

That is what I thought afterwards that if had been about my VERY overdue inspection it would have been from inspectors own phone and witheld - oh well I never answer those, they will just have to leave a message.

Thought I was going to be in trouble though as I couldn't remember my daughter's new address (she is still my assistant - only for emergencies), I obviously know where she lives but luckily found the address written down from when I had to notify car insurance company. Thought I has going to be hauled over the coals for not have employees current address.

Emra81
03-10-2014, 08:25 AM
Phew ...and breathe!

Rubybubbles, I also have heart failure every time the blood bank call as my hubby is a regular donator...scares the living daylights out of me every time!

Maza
03-10-2014, 08:36 AM
When were you last inspected Hectors house?

I get stressed every time the doorbell goes in the middle of the day. It's awful how hardworking people stress over things like not knowing an address - I don't know most of my friends/family's addresses even though I visit them regularly. I guess it is because we don't correspond by post anymore and so never write down addresses.

hectors house
03-10-2014, 11:51 AM
When were you last inspected Hectors house?

I get stressed every time the doorbell goes in the middle of the day. It's awful how hardworking people stress over things like not knowing an address - I don't know most of my friends/family's addresses even though I visit them regularly. I guess it is because we don't correspond by post anymore and so never write down addresses.

Last inspection March 2009 - so 5 1/2 years ago - I would fall apart on an unannounced inspection - my husband just wishes they would hurry up and call and get it over with.