PDA

View Full Version : Mindee doesn't like DH

Tealady
02-10-2014, 12:08 PM
As the title says really.

She took ages to settle anyway but dislikes having my hubby around. She's OK if I'm in the room with her but DH was in kitchen, mindee happily playing in lounge and I nipped to the loo. Came back and she was in bits.

Mindee only does one day a week. DH is here between 1-2 out of 5 weeks due to rota pattern. I've never had this before and it's begining to frustrate me know. Poor bloke has spent the day in the kitchen!

Any ideas as to what I can do?

moggy
02-10-2014, 12:55 PM
She'll get used to him but with just 1 day a week it may take time. DH had to eat his dinner in other room when a new mindee here would scream at the sight of him! But they made friends and she'd happily sit with him for a story in the end (she was 10mth when she started, 3 days a week).

I suggest he just takes time when possible to slowly make friends, with you there for security for her. Until she is ready then take her to the loo with you!

natlou82
02-10-2014, 01:26 PM
Watching thread with interest as I have a similar situation x

*daisychain*
02-10-2014, 08:31 PM
My hubby works with me and it took one of our LOs a good month to get used to him :-/
It just took a lot of reassurance from me and my hubby just carrying on as normal with the rest of the children. That was over a year ago and now they are the best of friends :-)
If this LO sees that everyone else is okay around him then they will hopefully relax a little and get used to him.

twiggy
03-10-2014, 05:25 AM
I have a LO that doesn't like my husband, sons or daughter and will moan if they enter the room. It has taken her since January to get used to me!

tess1981
03-10-2014, 06:55 AM
I had this too. Lo only here 2 days a week and If anyone came into my house he would cry. It took him a while and now anyone can come in he might not look at them but he waddles on with what he is doing