PDA

View Full Version : learning journey for a 5 year old/my daughter?

sarahc88
30-09-2014, 08:55 PM
Hi all,

I've just taken on a 5 yr old who is in yr 1 at school. I only have him for for half an hour most mornings and 1 after school a week, and am wondering if, because he is above the age of the EYFS, do I need to do him a learning journey or not?

Also, do I need to do one for my own daughter (she is 10 months old and previously was with a different childminder until I started childminding 3 weeks ago).

Help appreciated- ta! :)

Rick
30-09-2014, 08:56 PM
You don't need to do a learning journal for the 5 year old. Maybe do a scrapbook of photos etc.

You don't need to do one for your own children

loocyloo
30-09-2014, 10:10 PM
Like Rick says. You don't need to do one for children out of reception nor for your own children. However I did one for my dd when eyfs came in as I found it useful to trial things with her LJ and it was nice to be able to show prospective parents what a LJ looked like without worrying about confidentiality.
Plus for me ( and dd ) it's a nice record and as she was taking one of my spaces I felt she deserved as much attention as the others ... She would have noticed if they were looking at their books and she didn't have one!