PDA

View Full Version : annoyed

shortstuff
30-09-2014, 12:46 PM
I just received an invitation to 2 separate events listed as open evenings. I thought oh great something I might be able to attend.

Since when is 4pm till 6pm an evening? Oh and as they are on the 14th and 16th of october Its not even enough notice to take the afternoon off either.

Such a shame as they looked very interesting. It was about meeting with the LFSP and how they would like to work in partnership.

I have emailed back and asked how they class it as evening and why such short notice too.:panic:

smurfette
30-09-2014, 12:48 PM
What's the lfsp? That's not an evening for sure!

shortstuff
30-09-2014, 12:53 PM
Its a Lead Foundation Stage Practitioner, done in my best copy paste action i know lol

smurfette
30-09-2014, 12:55 PM
Its a Lead Foundation Stage Practitioner, done in my best copy paste action i know lol

So to do with child care and minders?! Definitely a stupid time then! 😵

shortstuff
30-09-2014, 01:05 PM
yeah its year R meeting with CM's I suppose it suits the teachers though :panic:

tulip0803
30-09-2014, 01:13 PM
Our LA set up a disability and inclusion training session specifically for childminders from all over the county. Takes way over an hour to drive from end to end so they set it up centrally :thumbsup: but from 5-7 on a wednesday:panic: - 2 childminders attended! They then proceed to say that childminders are not interested in attending training:angry:

Rick
30-09-2014, 01:24 PM
You could ask parents if they are ok for you to take the afternoon off. If not then at least you've asked. I'm sure you bend over backwards for them

shortstuff
30-09-2014, 01:40 PM
You could ask parents if they are ok for you to take the afternoon off. If not then at least you've asked. I'm sure you bend over backwards for them

I would be tempted Rick but they have been really supportive over me having time off for my op so dont want to push them again so quickly. Especially as most if them have no family support locally and had to move family in then. I appreciate the suggestion though.:thumbsup: